Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 3:15 pm

Men are usually naturally louder. It's annoying! My dad is talking his normal volume yet I can hear him through my door! It's very distracting when trying to read! So I'm saving my book until perhaps tonight when everyone is asleep. I remember this past semester asking my professor to tone it down he seemed stern and loud he said that's his normal voice that I could sit in the back. Criminology is such an interesting field and I only went twice a week so I managed to just deal with it. It's not an ALL men thing. Some men are calmer in there tone and don't "bellow" It's very annoying though IMO and I hate it!! !! Also on the loudness issue my little sisters 10 and 12 being loud grates on my ears! It drives me nuts!! !! (they usually aren't loud and my parents do get onto them if there loudness gets out of control thankfully) :-)

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jun 2012, 3:34 pm

you wouldnt like me then. i talk loud - especially when im on a political rant

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 4:24 pm

I hate it when people are talking loud right outside my bedroom door, because it's so distracting. Sometimes I open the door harshly without pulling the handle down, so it makes a loud crack and makes everybody jump out their skin. Serves them right for standing right outside my door having a conversation for ages. It's so horribly distracting when you're trying to read or write, or when you have loud music on and you can still hear murmuring of voices over the music, which is even more annoying.

Right now I am f****d off because my uncle has just came (at 10pm, which is a stupid time), and he's not the sort to just stay for a little while. He will sit there for hours talking to my mum. I'm in my bedroom but I want to be in bed by 10.30pm because I've got to be up early tomorrow for an important job interview, but for some reason I find it hard to try and get to sleep when there are people here. And because people don't take me seriously, they don't stop to think, ''we will be a bit quieter because she is in bed and has to be up early tomorrow'', but if it was my brother or my dad in in bed, everybody will be like, ''we've got to be quiet, they have got to get up early tomorrow.''

No, I'm not moving out. Can't cope with the big change and I can't afford it yet anyway so don't start posting all these comments saying ''move out, move out, move out'' because it gets on my nerves and I take it as criticism, not encouragement. Might not solve a lot anyway - I could have noisy neighbours, and I can't sleep with earplugs in because I don't hear my alarm properly otherwise. And anyway, I like hearing a ticking clock when I'm in bed, it soothes me to sleep.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2012, 6:09 pm

Yes. One of my aunts always talks loud; she sounds like she's yelling a lot & I get a headache being around her.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 7:28 pm

yes, i do.
and recently the cable company my family is subscribed to had decided that every wednesday between 3-4 IN THE MORNING (seems random in that time frame) they will test the Emergency Broadcast System alarm.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

25 Jun 2012, 7:55 pm

I thought it was normal for Aspies to hate loud noises.

justizabell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jun 2012, 8:04 pm

Yes, especially kid loud noises or when my Hubby is yelling in his Military voice...ugh.

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 8:51 pm

Loud music can be torture for me, with no breaks in can be totally unraveling. Heavy metal is especially true in this level.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Jun 2012, 9:24 pm

Albirea wrote:
I thought it was normal for Aspies to hate loud noises.

This.

Monkeybuttorama
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jun 2012, 9:30 pm

Only a few things really get to me..

Kids. Ungh. Especially babies, but at least *they* don't play on the handicapped ramp outside my window first thing in the morning and then look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them not to (they don't even live in my building, they live across the street)

Some vehicles; my BF is a racer, and he builds his own car, and thinks nothing of starting it up right next to me (they are loud as sh*t), or when any of the louder vehicles (heavy-duty trucks, motorcycles, etc) are started in an enclosed space, like a garage, that I am also in.

Very high-pitch sounds split my ears, and most people don't even notice them, so they think I'm nuts when I say something about it or plug my ears.

the rest I can generally tolerate pretty well, if I have to, though I prefer not to ^_^

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 12:03 pm

Loud teens laughing too much. SO ANNOYING! :roll:

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 12:07 pm

The only loud noise I like is a jet's engine. I HATE loud people the most, like my sister's boyfriend has a hearing impairment so he talks extra loud and cranks up the living room tv (next to my bedroom) up very loud.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 12:46 pm

Barking dogs collapse the nerves inside of me.