How do you feel about eating with your hands?

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you eat with your fingers?
Never 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Rarely, not even "finger food" 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Only "finger food" 45%  45%  [ 25 ]
Frequently 36%  36%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 55

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 5:32 am

mate it's what your hands are for. if nobdy's looking everything goes.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 6:40 am

Though it is mostly finger foods, I have used my fingers to eat other foods as well if they aren't too messy.

I predict that a moderator will move this thread.

vindaloo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jun 2012, 2:28 pm

I eat with my fingers because I can't eat with my feet no matter how hard I try. It just makes a mess.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 3:23 pm

Only if it's finger food

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 3:45 pm

I always use santising hand gel before I touch any food I'm going to eat with my hands. I eat pizza with a knife and fork as I don't like getting my hands dirty, it gives me overload.

FLBear
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2012, 7:46 pm

I grew up in the New Orleans, LA area. This is one of the parts of the world known for its food and fun. They say that "Eating is not a necessity, it's a sport."

Parts of the fun of eating are the: taste, temperature, smell, color, and texture. You can judge these better with your hands than with tools. Okay, soup can be difficult at times.

Dig in and enjoy ! !

Aspie Score: 170 of 200
NT Score 42 of 200
Very Likely an Aspie

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 9:22 pm

No, I like using a spoon. Not just any spoon mind you, a certain special heavy silver spoon I bought just for me.

I do eat normal stuff with my fingers, like chicken, ribs, crawdads, shrimp, bacon, etc. But I actually have the opposite sensory thing going on. If I was very, very hungry and something like mac and cheese was put in front of me with no spoon or fork, I would probably not eat it unless I was at the point where I was very weak and feeling very bad from low blood sugar.

You know that Campbells soup in that drinky can thingy? Well I was sick once, a few years ago and my mother got me some cream of broccolli soup like I requested but got it in that can. I couldnt eat it. No. I cannot drink soup from a can. She (being borderline) got very angry at me because I didn't appreciate that she had bought the more expensive version of it rather than just the can that you heat in a bowl, and called me the spawn of Satan and left me there, sick, in the bed, and with just the drinky soup thingy.

I did not drink the soup.

It's a "cant" thing for me rather than a "wont". Social acceptance or protocol or manners has nothing to do with it unless I'm in public and with certain people. It's just a "cant" thing for me.

I also cannot eat with plastic cutlery when I'm under stress. Oh, at a happy picnic or something, I can. But when I'm upset, I just CANNOT do it.

This can pose a problem in jail.

Once, I was in there for a little over two weeks waiting on somebody to pull their heads out of their asses and bond me out. They gave us plastic silverware to eat our "food" with. I couldn't use it and requested just a real spoon. Nope. They couldn't for safety reasons they said. It was me and one other girl who was about 22 and I felt awefully sorry for her and she cried a lot. I'm going to take the spoon they finally give me, ruin it by filing it into a knife and cut the girl who I keep listening to and letting cry to me and encouraging her to get help? Really? Only two of us were in there!! ! Theres gonna be a riot between the housewife and the crazy girl? I don't think so.

Finally when I just refused to get out of bed for breakfast (at 4am) because I was just too weak and refused to be taken to the doctor about it (because they take you in jail clothes in a cop car and the doctor is my two houses up neighbor who watches football with my husband, so, duh, no!) they gave in and let me have a real spoon.

This was before I even heard of AS.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

arisu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2012, 9:33 pm

i don't generally eat with my hands. i also wouldn't like to get my hands dirty. i will tolerate some finger food if i have napkins but have been known to occasionally eat them with utensils.

i don't like forks as i've been known to stab myself in the lip with them. for most of my life i've eaten with spoons and chopsticks. i usually eat with chopsticks instead of a fork on a daily. they have blunter tips so when i hit my lip (because i usually do other things while eating. i can't do just one thing at a time usually.) it doesn't hurt.

Spirochete

30 Jun 2012, 2:51 pm

I eat just about everything with a fork. Including pizza and sandwiches. I don't like getting food on my hands, and I don't like getting hands on my food.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 4:20 pm

Its a dirty habit you know were you hand have been, use you feet they have been in shoes with socks they should be clean. 8O Love finger foods except ribs or honey dipped chicken don't like the feeling on my hands.