Does anyone else not like sleeping in hotels?

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 4:04 pm

Tequila wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
or me it's the thought of having bodily fluids on the bed, pillow, remote control, television set, dresser, etc. All the sickening germ-related things I've heard about hotel rooms. If I ever go, I will wrap the bed in plastic, break out the Luminol and black light and work feverishly to sterilize the room. I'd just as soon stay in my car and sleep before entering those germ-ridden Petri dishes.

I do wonder how you ever step out of the house you know, or do any day-to-day things.

Every single thing has germs on. Most of them are healthy and won't do you any harm.

Lots of hand sanitizer.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 4:05 pm

Tequila wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I don't care to sleep in them, either.

True, some people like to use them for other things, too.

sh*****g?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 4:06 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
Lots of hand sanitizer.

Germs fly through the hair and don't just touch your hands. Germs are literally all around us. Even if you don't touch things, you still get germs. Airborne ones.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 4:07 pm

Uprising wrote:
sh*****g?

They're a bit twisted then.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 4:19 pm

Tequila wrote:
CyborgUprising wrote:
Lots of hand sanitizer.

Germs fly through the hair and don't just touch your hands. Germs are literally all around us. Even if you don't touch things, you still get germs. Airborne ones.

I am acutely aware of this. I'm just more concerned with people's saliva and other excretions than relatively harmless airborne germs (unless it's a virus, then I just stay away from the infected as much as possible, which is usually effective).

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 4:52 pm

Despise it. The last time I did, I had to sleep on top of the blanket that I brought out of fear that something might get on me. I even brought my own pillow in. Those places give me the creeps; even at resorts I still feel the same way toward sleeping on those filthy things.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 3:48 am

HunTheBun wrote:
Regardless of the quality of the hotel I hate it because I feel out of control. I normally do my own cooking, know what time i'm doing this, that and the other so feel a bit scared by the prospect of travel :?

Yeah for this and other reasons I wouldn't stay in one.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 4:45 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
I've never stayed in a hotel that's less than 3 stars, so my experiences are in general very good.

I even stayed in a hotel that at the time had only been open for a month. It was so nice! *-*

Yes! I love hotels! Especially the four-five starred ones(although I do not frequent those). However I have stayed in many crappy hotels that are, well crappy beyond belief. 8O

zxy3cpn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 6:24 am

I've not had any problems in hotels/B&Bs.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 3:48 am

I dislike hotels too to some degree, but not for the reasons you stated, Uprising, even though all of them are true.

What I hated when I was at a hotel alone, was that I didn't feel safe. I kept waking up, wondering if I heard someone at the door, having to check that it really was locked and secured, having lots of nightmares about big men entering to rob or rape me... The first night in particular was dreadful.
Since my plane left early in the morning, I was also afraid of over sleeping.
I didn't have that problem when travelling with family though, so despite the price and lack of free food, I am generally fine staying at hotels as long as I'm with someone I trust.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765