Any good object recognition and visual memory tests?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Gamer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jun 2012, 11:05 am

Hello. In the past, I have posted on the possibility of me having Asperger's or some autism spectrum disorder. Lately, I've been hearing associations with HFA and Asperger's and problems with nonverbal learning, yet strengths in abstract reasoning (not to be confused with abstract thought), and it seemed to fit me quite well. I was wondering if there were any good visual memory tests out there, specifically ones that dealt with object recognition memory? (I know faceblind.org had one dealing with sunglasses, but it seemed to be taken off)

Any help would be appreciated.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 12:26 pm

Here's what I could find:

Photographic memory test - it doesn't say what the normal is, but I got 5 out of 10.

Mental Speed Test - a processing speed and shifting test, but one component of the testing is visual recognition. I got 74% correct, and apparently 'finished this test in record time'.

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 1:34 pm

Ettina wrote:

Photographic memory test - it doesn't say what the normal is, but I got 5 out of 10.

Mental Speed Test - a processing speed and shifting test, but one component of the testing is visual recognition. I got 74% correct, and apparently 'finished this test in record time'.

Got 8 of 10 in the first test.

On the second, got 95%, and was also told that i finished in record time

Gamer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jun 2012, 2:44 pm

Ettina wrote:

Thanks but that wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I should have been more specific. There was a test on the net where they show a series of objects in a session. During a second session, a different set of pictures are shown and you are to try and find out which once you saw earlier. It is called an object recognition test, and those on the spectrum don't tend to score well on them because it taps into the ability to encode and recall memory in a timely manner. It is similar to a lot of facial recognition tests on the net, except this one is with objects.

The 2nd test isn't similar either because this is the ability to tap into already existing memories, not the ability to form new visual memories.

In addition, this test is untimed so technically with enough devotion anyone can get a high score. It wouldn't be accurate in determining the difficulties that many autistics face.