Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Pokelover14
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2012, 10:53 pm

I am sleeping as mom thinks. tomorrow we are driving to my dads. I am freaking out because I think I might forget something. I have trouble focusing with things I don't like (ie I have an aide in school to help me focus). My mom says if I leave it here it will be here when I come back. *stabs in the back* I am worried I will forget something and it isn't like I can just get it since it is almost a seven hour drive. I am a procrastinator. So at 11pm I hea my mom saying 30 minutes until bed time. I shoved thing in to my bag and am panicking that I will forget something. Please tell me what to do

CuriousKitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jun 2012, 11:26 pm

Think about what you do during the course of a day and what you need to do it. Then consider any unusual activities you will be engaging in while away and what you will need for that -- this should help you remember most of what you need to pack.

I usually start making lists ahead of time, long before I can start packing.

the evening and morning of departure, put everything you use in the bag unless it is to be deliberately left behind.

Aspie score: 142/200 NT score: 64/200
AQ Score: 42
BAP: 109 aloof, 94 rigid and 85 pragmatic

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 11:32 pm

Remember what the emergency personnel say when evacuating: the 5 P's -

People
Pets
Papers
Prescriptions
Photos

These are the most important things to not leave behind. Anything like cash falls under Papers and something like an inhaler or medical device falls under Prescriptions

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jun 2012, 2:31 am

Pokelover14 wrote:
I am sleeping as mom thinks. tomorrow we are driving to my dads. I am freaking out because I think I might forget something. I have trouble focusing with things I don't like (ie I have an aide in school to help me focus). My mom says if I leave it here it will be here when I come back. *stabs in the back* I am worried I will forget something and it isn't like I can just get it since it is almost a seven hour drive. I am a procrastinator. So at 11pm I hea my mom saying 30 minutes until bed time. I shoved thing in to my bag and am panicking that I will forget something. Please tell me what to do

Your not alone I totally understand. I will be going to see my dad in NY for 3 weeks this summer. I live in SC so I will have alot of things I will need to pack. It stresses me out. Last time I had to pack for a trip I got so stressed and freaked out that I started crying. My mom had to pack my bag for me because I couldnt do it with out forgetting some thing simple like underware or some thing.

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 5:00 am

I make a list, and then ask someone else to check it to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. Once I have a list that I'm happy with I spread a towel out on the floor and place all the things I'm taking on it so I can clearly see them. Then I start to put them into my case, ticking off my list as I go. When everything is packed I then check in each drawer or cupboard to make sure I have not forgotten anything, and I re-read my list to make sure there is nothing missing. If I realise there are things that were not on my first list (this rarely happens) then I make another list and repeat the same process with those items.