Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Projectile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2012, 11:48 pm

I am interested in Philosophy, Metaphysics, Music and History. I love writing and anything creative.

I studied the following:

School: I went to 6 different schools and mostly I was an outsider except for at one that i attended very briefly where I was very popular by a complete fluke of Luck.

Media Studies (Tertiary): Quit, because I was a complete outcast (I got a long with a few of the girls too but this made it worse in the end)
Audio Engineering: I passed with 70% which was the minimum grade. I found it very academic which is not my ideal way of learning.
Broadcasting: Expelled, I was totally against the institutes philosophy about broadcasting from the start. I was not well liked by staff.
Creative Enterprise: Failed. I have no idea what happened here? I stopped going in. Got disheartened I think

I am 28, since I was 15 I have worked at approximately 100 jobs including:

Fishermans Assistant: Fired
Turkey Factory worker: Quit
Cleaner at a University: Temp
Warehouse Staff: Temp
Supermarket Cleaner: Fired
Barman Lizard Bar: Fired
Barman Saracens Head: Fired
Barman (forgot name): Fired
Chef, Pizza Hut 1: Transferred
Chef, Pizza Hut 2: Quit
Chef, Perfect Pizza: Quit
Attendant, Shell Gas station: Fired/Quit
Retail Assistant, Thornton and Pearce Electrical: Quit
Event Assistant, Motivaction: Suspended
Coffin Factory: Quit
Fibreglassing: Boss had chronic fatigue so neither of us ever went to work
Hibiscus Kitchens, Cabinet Maker: Quit/Fired
BP gas station clerk: Fired
Retail Clerk, Civic Video: Fired
Metal worker, Harfords Greenhouse Factory: Quit
Builders Laborer, Allied Workforce: Quit
Builders Laborer, Gibson O connor: Quit/Fired
Pizza Hut 3: Quit
Video Ezy 1: Fired
Video Ezy 2: Fired
Video Ezy 3: Fired
Roofer: Quit/Fired
Store Manager, Sounds Music store: Made Redundant
Attendant, Berkley Cinema: Fired
Barman, Imbibe Bar: Failed Trial
Chef, Burger Fuel: Fired
Kitchen Hand: Fired
Gardener/Yardhand, Halls refrigerated transport: Temp
Painter: Temp
DJ, bFM: Volunteer/ Quit
Drug Dealer (Class C): Quit
Clerk, Video Source: Fired
Sales Manager, Base FM: Failed Trial
Promoter, Showcase Hospitality: Fired (Have since been asked back but I have not decided)
Retail Clerk, Flash Pen Shop (forgotten name): Quit
Clerk, CD and DVD store: Quit
Sales Rep, Media Shifter: Fired/ Quit
Event Assistant, A.U.S.M.: Redundancy
Breakfast DJ, KFM: Quit
Breakfast DJ, Boosh FM: Quit
DJ, Fevah FM: Quit
Sound Engineer, The Rock Factory: Casual
Company Director, Obese Squirrel Entertainment: Failed Business
Store Manager, Designer furniture: Fired
Builders Laborer: Failed Trial
Screenplay Writer: In progress

There are so many others too...

I have spent my whole adult life looking for a job or losing a job..

All I have ever wanted was to autonomously create but it has never been simple.

I have spent 80% of my adult life on welfare checks but now they have stopped my money and I have had to return to my parents house :( (at age 28) where I have been for 2 months. I think I have ADHD as well as ASP.

I have been fired from most of these positions or quit due to stress and acute discomfort, chaotic sleeping patterns and attention deficit / Oppositional defiant disorder

What am I going to do? :s

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 12:38 am

Why were you fired from the ones you were fired from and why did you quit the ones you weren't?

Are you always fired for the same reason? Do you always quit for the same reason?

If you are trying to be a good worker and get fired for innocent things, such as social awkwardness, or simple mistakes, then finding the right job might be a matter of finding the right boss.

However if you get fired for being irresponsible or acting in an insubordinate manner, then the issue likely isn't that you can't hold a job, but that you have issues with responsibility and authority. In that case, your problems will likely extend beyond the work place and continue to follow you until you make an effort to rectify them.

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2012, 2:33 am

Chronos wrote:
Why were you fired from the ones you were fired from and why did you quit the ones you weren't?

Are you always fired for the same reason? Do you always quit for the same reason?

However if you get fired for being irresponsible or acting in an insubordinate manner, then the issue likely isn't that you can't hold a job, but that you have issues with responsibility and authority. In that case, your problems will likely extend beyond the work place and continue to follow you until you make an effort to rectify them.

This.

Quitting jobs you're good at isn't wise, and getting fired so many times tells me there's likely a reason.

Do you perform well? Show up late? Disrespect the boss? Or what?

What are you going to do?

Well, since your welfare benefits ran out (good thing... 80% of life on welfare is such a waste of potential), you should:
1) Get treatment for the ADD, defiant disorder.
2) Work on a normal sleep schedule now.
3) Not list 100 jobs on a resume... hopefully you have some education to put on a resume.
4) Find jobs you know you can do. Perhaps something quiet at a library, or in the back stockroom stocking shelves alone at night. Gotta start somewhere.
5) Get hired. Do a good job. Not quit.
6) Save money. Get your own apartment. Save more money. Move on with life. Do cool sh#t.

Projectile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jun 2012, 8:12 am

Chronos: You are quite correct that it effects other areas of my life. I went to 6 schools. I have lived in 30 residences and I have been with 80-100 different partners in 9 years... this pattern is reflected throughout my whole life and I dont think there is anything wrong with me. Ifeel that the problem is that there is no room or allowance for me in society. Like a triangular peg being forced through a square hole.

I get bored very very easily. My resume is great it omits most of these positions and gets me interviews quite regularly which I usually am not selected from.

My sleeping pattern has been an ongoing problem since I was 13. I dont see how its going to change without very strong drugs.

I am completely the opposite of other Aspies in the sense that I can not stand any routine at all, consciously or otherwise.

I hate bright unnatural lights, unnatural processed air, chemicals, anyone telling me what to do unless i trust them (then its absolutely fine), I dont want to be around people but I dont want to be completely alone either. I don't mind helping people or serving people but working with others is quite hard.

I am usually fired for being unreliable or late and I usually quit if I feel undervalued or impossible to work with certain individuals. Some times it is for being rude or difficult.

sally7171
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jun 2012, 8:26 am

Can you list your previous jobs as you did before, and state the reason why you quit or were fired for each? With that info some of us here might be able to suggest some positions for you.

Just knowing what I know about asperger's, of all the jobs you listed the painter position seems like the only one you would have actually enjoyed. I have never painted professionally but I painted my entire house inside and out, every room, every piece of trim, every door, and found it very satisfying. You get to employ your meticulousness (is that a word?) while letting your thoughts ramble.

I agree with ooo that you might enjoy stocking (online job sites often list this as "merchandising associate"). I did that for a while and I really liked it.

You might also enjoy data entry.

Projectile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2012, 10:08 am

I usually get fired or quit (often both at once/ mutual agreement) for being unreliable. I find that I need time to recharge my mind and body after dealing with people and situations which are traumatic (most situations). I am very low on stamina and I get very sleepy a lot of the time. I also have insomnia and I can not maintain a routine for sleep and the thought of doing so it abhorrent.

Sometimes I get fired for being rude or disagreeable with other staff or customers. I do not suffer formality very well. I find it hard to be insincere unless I have time to build up to it. I need to know in advance what I am going to be doing and where I am going and I usually need about 2-3 days to mentally prepare for a commercial assignment or day of normal work.

I take a lot of days off. Many days I feel that I can not handle the world. Also I spend a lot of time awake late at night so that I can study and research metaphysics without being bothered. My brain sometimes takes in so much information at once that it paralyzes me after wards, I feel things about people that are a culmination of all my senses and then I have information over load. It's a bit like in a movie when you see someones life flash before their eyes only I can not choose what I see and it is not anything like in the movies.

Hopefully this gives you some insight. I do feel like I have missed some things out but perhaps I can address more in the next post.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my predicament. I appreciate it. No I don't want advice from NTs f**k Off

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 5:57 am

i was in same position like you joining jobs and getting fired or either quitting.

As a college student
I worked as a salesgirl for a month - asked to leave
After graduation
Office assistant - asked to leave 1month
Office assistant - asked to leave 6 month
Office assistant - left (low wage) 3 month
office assistant - asked to leave 15 days
Office Assitant - 1 year (company running into loss) asked to leave
Office Assitant - 1 year (left) had a baby
School Teacher - 1 year (left) hectic schedule
School teacher - 4 months (left) low wages
School Teacher - 15 days (left) harassment by senior
School Teacher - 6 months asked to leave (politics by colleagues)
Own Business - 3 years quit (unable to deal with it anymore)
NGO teacher - 1 year and presently working

I have been working at the present job earlier it was a parttime job i was quite comfortable
but now they increased the timings and that creates problems for me stress, moodswings,
body aches

Just like you i was into metaphysics and three years i ran a business of tarot reading
but now i have totally winded it up since i want to live in reality and not fantasy world
its hard to be grounded but it has helped me a lot.

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 9:33 am

I've had as many jobs as you too and I know what it's like to be constantly bored at work. I can't stop taking jobs as a line cook because it's the only thing that stimulates me enough... Your low energy wouldn't fit for this type of work though and it sounds like you've mostly taken low-wage, manual/low-skilled labor jobs in the past.

Have you thought about getting a career as a researcher? Metaphysics is heady stuff, one of my special interests, it would be cool to study it at the ph.d. level or equivalent. Anyways, just some thoughts. Take care.