Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2012, 11:50 am

havnoy wrote:
RaNg84 wrote:
Believe it or not PC does have it uses. Saying "police officer" is better then "Policeman." Same as saying "firefighter" instead of "firefighter."
I think we should say "firefighter, And not "firefighter. dont want to insult them :D :D :D

You mean as opposed to "fireman"/"firemen?" I refer to them (and police officers) as both. Nobody has complained yet. Look at how many Americans (and Arabic-speaking cultures) refer to a group of people in the masculine form, calling them "you guys" or "those guys." I see nothing wrong with it at all.

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2015, 6:33 am

We live in a society where the prevailing mental condition is controlled insanity. This insanity is controlled largely through the direct manipulation of language and thoughts, using techniques that are eerily similar to those described by Orwell in his dystopian classic 1984.

Traditional censorship is directly enforced by governments. It is hard to enforce rigorously because the government literally needs to be everywhere and see/hear everything to do so. "Political Correctness" is a 21st century Newspeak term that stands for nothing more or less than censorship through peer pressure.

Modern forms of censorship are not directly enforced by government but by ordinary folks like you and I. By convincing the masses that certain opinions are "evil" and "vile", the government delegates most censorship to the public. When convinced that a certain opinion is "evil" and "vile", the individual will not only censor himself but even police his environment and report any Thoughtcrime (aka heresy) to the public via his/her prefered channel (today, that's usually the Internet).

21st century censors use numerous terms to distinguish between various kinds of Crimethinkers. Such terms include but are not exclusive to "terrorist", "conspiracy theorist", "bigot", "homophobe", "transphobe", "misogynist", "racist", "antisemite", "Holocaust denier", "HIV/AIDS denier" and "Climate change denier".

Each of these terms are references to a specific type of "Thoughtcrime", and being given ANY of these labels in ANY mainstream social context is close to social suicide, which results in an increasing amount of "Thoughtcriminals" keeping their personal opinions to themselves or expressing them only in the most intimate of circles. The end result is that freedom of speech is snuffed in a way more effective than any form of traditional censorship could ever achieve.

People in the "Autism spectrum" are generally less succeptible to the endless piles of mindbending propaganda that has polluted the minds of the unsuspective masses. As such, we're more likely to become "Thoughtcriminals". And that, my friends, is precisely why we are often pressured to get therapy and/or take mind-altering substances.

Wake up!