Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 7:12 pm

You encounter someone for a brief moment, too brief to engage them? This morning as I was returning from my morning workout, I saw a young woman on a bike. Really beautiful she was, of a type I find very alluring: short cropped hair, a piercing or two and one or two tats. Just a touch of punk, a hair of Lisbeth Salander. She was beginning to ride past just as I was getting out of my car, and I had no more time than to nod and smile (which she reciprocated) before she was riding past.

I have no idea if I'll see her again. I've never seen her before on my street, but she definitely was getting on her bike when I pulled up, not just passing through from some other neighborhood. I'm hoping she's a new neighbor or SOMETHING. Every now and again I peek out the window to see if I see a bike, or perhaps even her. I'd love to have another shot to engage with her.

But man I do hate those one time encounters. You can't help wondering "What if," especially if you never see them again.

Ever happen to you?

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 7:16 pm

Yeah, I've encountered these quite a few times, but figure it's a brief moment and let it pass. There might be a time where we cross paths, and there might not. Either way, that's out of one person's control and shouldn't really be heavily dwelled upon, in my opinion (that includes thinking of a way to forge a path just to meet her again).

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 7:25 pm

I used to get those inklings when I was younger. I wish I could feel that way about somebody again.