Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

bombergal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2012, 10:30 am

I wrote this before but it has been since long buried but I wanted to tell everyone that I have secured a full-time permanent position at my school for the upcoming school year!

When I found out the news I cried from happiness because I have had such a rough past employment and social- wise and have been at that school since 2010. I told admin of my Asperger's right off the bat and it made such a difference I think and they were very understanding...I was lucky!

I am an elementary music teacher from Canada and that's the only teaching job I've had...wouldn't want to do classroom. Have been at it already for 5 years and it's my favourite subject to teach as it's one of my intense interests.

The biggest downfalls I have at my position are peer relationships (some actively avoid me) and sometimes classroom management is an issue because I don't read students' reactions or emotions really well. However, my musicianship and enthusiasm overrides all of that.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 11:21 am

bombergal wrote:
I wrote this before but it has been since long buried but I wanted to tell everyone that I have secured a full-time permanent position at my school for the upcoming school year!

When I found out the news I cried from happiness because I have had such a rough past employment and social- wise and have been at that school since 2010. I told admin of my Asperger's right off the bat and it made such a difference I think and they were very understanding...I was lucky!

I am an elementary music teacher from Canada and that's the only teaching job I've had...wouldn't want to do classroom. Have been at it already for 5 years and it's my favourite subject to teach as it's one of my intense interests.

The biggest downfalls I have at my position are peer relationships (some actively avoid me) and sometimes classroom management is an issue because I don't read students' reactions or emotions really well. However, my musicianship and enthusiasm overrides all of that.
\\

congrats.
i have been working at a NGO as a teacher for over a year
i thought i will never make this far
since there was always problems with colleagues and people around
even many colleagues avoid me upright
so now i started avoiding them to be safe
i have just stopped being nice, kind and nonjudgemental
i keep judging blah blah

anyways congrats again

DoniiMann
Velociraptor