Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 8:04 am

Then how I do I have a chance at making friends and dating. Going back to my teens up until now, most people view me as this ugly, slow, half-mentally ret*d bum that's annoying. Even if you people here say it's not true, most people I've met perceive me that way, and it's hard (just by nature) to respect and/or view someone like that as an equal.

I can't change the way my face looks and the way I talk. It's annoying when as soon as I meet someone, either they pity me, or they start ridiculing me for the way I look and act.

I've eavesdropped on numerous conversations (This is back in my teen, where I actually put SOME care into how I look) when people would ask other people if I'm on crack. "Does that boy smoke crack? No?, well he sure looks like it"

What chance do I have when as soon as someone sees me they think i'm on crack or something worse. I hear people say here that first impressions are really important, I guess that's another "X" against me.

When you combine that with my extreme social awkwardness, that I have very little knowledge in anything relevant, and the fact that I still smell even after taking showers, it's no wonder that people get tired of me being around after a certain amount of time.

It's been that way from my early teens up until now.

This is why I disagree with people here that say I have a chance at dating. What "alpha" or "beta" male would want someone like me hanging around them ANYWHERE in public, let alone going places to pick up chicks/women/females, etc

What attractive woman in her 20s would even want to be seen talking to someone like me in public?

It's hopeless really. I'm a pathetic loser that never had a chance, why is it so hard for people to agree with this? All the evidence is there, you just choose to ignore it.

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 8:10 am

If you don't seem to want any encouragement or guidance, then why are you putting this out there? What message are you trying to get across, other than that you have no chance whatsoever of getting a girlfriend?

It seems to me by "encouraging" a reply like this, you're just going to make yourself feel worse. Of course some people on here are going to say that you have a chance of getting a girlfriend, as they automatically want to cheer you up and make you feel better about yourself.

"The natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." David Attenborough

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 8:15 am

mightyzebra wrote:
If you don't seem to want any encouragement or guidance, then why are you putting this out there? What message are you trying to get across, other than that you have no chance whatsoever of getting a girlfriend?

It seems to me by "encouraging" a reply like this, you're just going to make yourself feel worse. Of course some people on here are going to say that you have a chance of getting a girlfriend, as they automatically want to cheer you up and make you feel better about yourself.

I just want other people to help valid my feeling about myself in numerous areas, which I think are very accurate.

Scottinoz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jul 2012, 8:16 am

I guess you have to pay for it or have a lot of money and get a bride from what ever country like the other millions dudes like you :) I feel sorry for the women in this situation they have a harder time doing that and die alone with a thousand animals :hmph:

Chris71
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jul 2012, 8:23 am

I can relate to much of what you've said, looking back to my college days, although I'm in my 40s now.

The biggest transition for me was after turning 30 I found out that women of that age would suddenly stop being attracted to unpredictable, arrogant, over-confident A-holes, and would start to appreciate someone with a half-decent level of intellect, good job and sense of stability.

I've asked around lots of other guys in their 30s and they have given me the same story, once a guy gets into their thirties it is almost as if the tables are turned. From my own experience, that was an understatement.

Being teenage and early 20s is hard for even good-looking guys; you have to have the looks and the slightly arrogant over-confidence in order to get the girls with similar attitudes. Many attractive women know too well that they're attractive, and have attitude to match it. (some guys do too, of course).
Now I am into my "grumpy old man" stage, I cannot resist making fun of some in a witty but slightly arrogant way, and then strangely enough then I can't get rid of them. They tend to become attracted to whose who make it clear that they are not impressed by looks alone.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 8:30 am

How you look and speak is one thing, i have speech problems myself and sometimes people shout at me and tell me i should be locked away in a nuthouse. But still smelly after a shower? There's something terribly wrong and you should take action to solve this problem because nobody needs to stink.

You might look up the dating section here on WP or someplace else because it's probably much easier to find someone via an exchange of emails than in a bar or other places since this approach allows both parties to get to know each other and exchange some information before they decide whether they want to take things to the next level.

And finally, forget this "alpha" or "beta" male crap if you don't intend to come across as a moron. That stupid concept was never true and only helped some authors of popular mating advice books to make a fortune with the ignorance of their readership.

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 8:41 am

maybe shower more and start seeing a speech therapist.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 8:55 am

Why not settle for someone like you? There is someone for everyone, the only thing wrong with you is your attitude and aiming too high.

Because your an aspie.... she will probably need to be less attractive than you, or have a similarly points rated mitigating illness /disorder

Sometimes I ended up with attractive young women, who were mad. I never would have been with them, if they wern't mad.... :lol:

However, I dont recommend dating crazy women

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 8:57 am

Perception isn't reality without the power behind it, it's up for you to put the power and action behind that perception. Perception alone is just thought and thought alone doesn't lead anywhere.

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 9:07 am

Wolfheart wrote:
Perception isn't reality without the power behind it, it's up for you to put the power and action behind that perception. Perception alone is just thought and thought alone doesn't lead anywhere.

uh what?

Do you mind explaining this for the low functioning people? I have some idea of what you're saying, but I'm not sure.

singularity
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jul 2012, 9:24 am

Wolfheart is saying that you can change your reality if you put your energy into it. If you believe you're a worthwhile person who deserves to enjoy life, then other people will perceive your self-respect and treat you accordingly. The first step might be to see a doctor about your body odor issues....perhaps this is just an obsession on your part and you don't really smell? A doctor can help you with that, too.

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 9:39 am

singularity wrote:
Wolfheart is saying that you can change your reality if you put your energy into it. If you believe you're a worthwhile person who deserves to enjoy life, then other people will perceive your self-respect and treat you accordingly.

Why should this matter? People should treat me nice regardless of how I feel about myself. This is just an excuse to disrespect people and treat them like crap.

The first step might be to see a doctor about your body odor issues....perhaps this is just an obsession on your part and you don't really smell? A doctor can help you with that, too.

It's not a delusion, I really do smell. People have been complaining about how I smell way back when I was in school (where I used to to take baths regularly) up until now. It's three things; I have a gland problem, I don't know how to bathe properly, and/or my house smells so bad that I can;t get rid of the sent when I leave. Maybe all of the above

in bold

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 9:44 am

MR20 wrote:
singularity wrote:
Wolfheart is saying that you can change your reality if you put your energy into it. If you believe you're a worthwhile person who deserves to enjoy life, then other people will perceive your self-respect and treat you accordingly.

Why should this matter? People should treat me nice regardless of how I feel about myself. This is just an excuse to disrespect people and treat them like crap.

Except how you treat yourself is perceived as an extension of how you treat others. If you're treating yourself like nothing more than a piece of garbage, people are going to think you'll treat them like garbage.

Uri
Raven
Raven

03 Jul 2012, 11:02 am

AScomposer13413 wrote:
Except how you treat yourself is perceived as an extension of how you treat others.

This is not true at all!

You could treat yourself poorly yet you treat others well. I think that what you just said applies more to people who are narcissistic and egocentric but in no way does it apply to all people in the world.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 11:39 am

MR20, you constantly complain about the smell yet when have you made an effort to fix it? Do you think we all started out walking without stumbling? Everything takes trial and error.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 1:25 pm

Uri wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:
Except how you treat yourself is perceived as an extension of how you treat others.

This is not true at all!

You could treat yourself poorly yet you treat others well. I think that what you just said applies more to people who are narcissistic and egocentric but in no way does it apply to all people in the world.

That's why I said it's perceived as an extension, not that its always going to be an extension. For example, if you said something that was self-inflicting, that only reflects what you think of yourself. I won't know how you perceive others until you said something to another person, but the conclusion reached is still the same, even if it's inaccurate.