Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 10:37 am

YippySkippy wrote:

Quote:
If she had no authority, then the school has some responsibility for what happened - you can't ask someone to maintain order without giving them tools with which to do so.

Agreed; and it wouldn’t surprise me if they have bus monitors in place only as a mere symbol of authority without actually exposing the school board to the possibility of legal conflict by actually giving them authority. Bureaucracies tend to do what is most legally digestible rather than what is actually effective or even right.

Quote:
Students should not be allowed to bring phones with cameras to school, in my opinion.

Easier said than done. I haven’t actually looked for one but I imagine a camera-less cell phone is more the exception than the norm. It would rule out smart phones completely. The effort it would take to effectively enforce that would outweigh any benefits.

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2012, 2:03 am

Shame that most of you appear to be so heartless and insensitive. And of course, some feel the need to get political. Did she deserve all that money? Probably not. Abit much to be hailed as a hero? Maybe. But she is warranted any praise that's come to her, and I do not blame the woman for getting upset one bit. To me she did her job the best she could under the circumstances. Those tears weren't fake either. I'd like to see how you'd handle it any better. And you have the nerve to actually call her a b***h? So be it. I failed to see any "meanness" in this person. As I recall, she didn't press charges. And didn't seek media attention..it came to her. You know, I wouldn't be surprised if alot you were bullies yourselves.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 2:22 am

softlyspeaks41 wrote:
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if alot you were bullies yourselves.

in retrospect i've seen a few aspie bullies, especially in the military/[UN]civil service.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 2:02 pm

I think that the little horrors were wrong to give her a hard time, if the little so and sos are banned from team sports then I think it would be a fair and just punishment. I hold a view that kids who bully and do horrible things at school should be banned from representing their school at team sports.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 1:29 am

i fear that they will encounter the justice system sometime in their futures unless their parents step in and correct them now.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 6:44 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i fear that they will encounter the justice system sometime in their futures unless their parents step in and correct them now.

It seems like people who act like this never get in trouble and always come out on top with good jobs, marriages, happy lives. Poetic justice does not exist in their lives.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 7:28 pm

Say what you like but this kind of behaviour is rampant in buses everywhere here in UK cities. Should we all get hundreds of thousands of currency for sitting there and taking it? Should be all be called heroes for being victims of abuse?

I think people are letting their desire to be liked/praised for objecting to this bullying overwhelm their grasp on what really goes in the real world. I don't approve of the bullying or any bullying at all, and this bullying was unfortunate. But that's all it is.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 7:38 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Say what you like but this kind of behaviour is rampant in buses everywhere here in UK cities. Should we all get hundreds of thousands of currency for sitting there and taking it? Should be all be called heroes for being victims of abuse?

I think people are letting their desire to be liked/praised for objecting to this bullying overwhelm their grasp on what really goes in the real world. I don't approve of the bullying or any bullying at all, and this bullying was unfortunate. But that's all it is.
\
Good point. I don't know why the words of bullies do so much damage anyway. What is it about it that holds such power over the one being bullied. I mean, what does it matter what they say? I wish I could have distanced myself from their words more.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 11:51 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It seems like people who act like this never get in trouble and always come out on top with good jobs, marriages, happy lives. Poetic justice does not exist in their lives.

when i was in the army i saw a lot of those little bastards get article 15s because they couldn't behave themselves around the wrong people.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 12:54 am

Those little s**ts had made fun of her because her son had committed suicide. That alone makes me sympathetic toward her. I can't even imagine the pain that dredged up in her.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 12:57 am

those punks eventually will receive a correction from people who are really evil.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 1:48 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I have yet to meet a genuinely happy as*hole. They can get smarmy and smirky, and yes they can land good jobs, but that's hardly the same thing. I do not believe such a creature exists.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 11:23 am

edgewaters wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I have yet to meet a genuinely happy as*hole. They can get smarmy and smirky, and yes they can land good jobs, but that's hardly the same thing. I do not believe such a creature exists.

Everyone who bullied me in school went on to college, careers, marriage and family without giving a damn. They just go on with their happy lives and no one cares that they bully people.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 3:46 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
edgewaters wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Everyone who bullied me in school went on to college, careers, marriage and family without giving a damn. They just go on with their happy lives and no one cares that they bully people.

i like to think they will eventually get their comeuppance from the ultimate bully :P

LennytheWicked
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 10:58 am

She could have written them off of her bus route and sent a phone call home. But other than that there's not much she can do.