Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

greentigress
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jul 2012, 10:56 am

Hi

If possible I would like to begin a long lasting support and chat thread for Schizophrenic/affective and Asperger's

I have always been Asperger's but only given confirmation of this a week ago
My Schizophrenia started in my teens although I think I was prodromal age 13 and had had a couple of delusions and visual and auditory hallucinations age 8 and up

My schizophrenia has been pretty relentless in its' worsening but I am still happily married and volunteering with SEN children and rescue donkeys

I'm 37, overweight unless I just went on a diet and have Health Anxiety ( an OCD ) although I don't want to sound complainy. Also my bulimia kicks off into a pretty chronic problem if I'm psychotic

For this reason I'm on clopixol depot injection which means I can't even miss one dose out of being forgetful which is an advantage as well.

My family are very supportive. My mum is now with my sister in London and will talk to her About aspergers
I think my sister has for a while now given up trying to get me to listen
This is an area I am working on

Although we met on an NT dating site my husband and me have recently both found out we're Aspie
We are together 5 yrs and married 2

Please if you want, say a bit about yourself

Kate

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 4:10 am

I sounds a lot like McDD.
Right now I'm at university, but at home (in the next days) I'll search some links to McDD that might help/interesst you. :)

SpazzDog
Raven
Raven

13 Jul 2012, 12:54 pm

I not only have autism but was diagnosed with schizo-affective disorder around 2005. My schizoid problems started around the age 13 and got progressively worse until I was 15. I was removed from my home situation and put in a treatment center for 10 months. It wasn't the healthiest place for me to be but it was good enough because the worst symptoms went away after that but I was still very dysfunctional all through high school. I somehow managed to get through 8 years of college living by myself and earned a bachelor's degree in mathematics and was a few classes shy of a degree in physics too. Now I am 31 and pretty much entirely cured of schizoaffective disorder but I still have hang ups from time to time. I've been fortunate that I've had the means to reflect on my situation enough to gradually get myself cured. It's been over two years since my symptoms finally stopped being a mysterious force outside of my consciousness so that I could begin to consciously undo the damage and eliminate the remaining vestiges in my neural network. I don't really have a method I could give to people with the condition to help them unravel its grip that it has over your mind. It's all very situational and my cure was all based upon what I needed to do for myself at the moment to fix a specific problem. But I'm always interested in a support group because I'm always working on my problems constantly.