Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2012, 11:20 pm

namaste wrote:
my earliest memory is of around 4 years old when i was separated from my grand mom who raised me when my mom abandoned me at 1 month of age.
my parents came to collect me back from my grandmom when i was 4 years old i remember i was crying badly and my dad started slapping me extremely.
that was the day when the beatings started and it continued till the day my dad died i only remember all the beatings, abuses hurled by my parents and brother.

I'm sorry that you had such a horrible childhood. My mother went through some of that when she was a child. I hope you're finding positive ways to work through it. :)

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 5:03 am

Webalina wrote:
I'm sorry that you had such a horrible childhood. My mother went through some of that when she was a child. I hope you're finding positive ways to work through it. :)

thanks it will take me this entire lifetime to work through it.
basically i just avoid people both good and bad
i hide like a tortoise inside my shell its quite safe

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 5:05 am

In my earliest memory I was less than one year old (I know this because I asked when I was about 15, my mom was surprised I remembered) and I was in my crib and I wanted to get out of it, so in my head i have a memory of thinking "let me out let me out!" and shaking the cradle bars but no one came, i think I may have only been making noise. So I looked at the bars that went horizontal and vertical and gauged distance and proceeded to climb out of it, slowly, I did not want to fall, but my sister saw it and grabbed me and put me back in. I started screaming and crying.

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 12:57 am

Ordinary NTs may not believe my earliest of the earliest, but you people seem to understand. I remember being a baby.

One of my earlier memories I know was before I was a good talker (before I could say more than a word at a time). I remember toddling haphazardly to the doorway leading into the kitchen, and my two older sisters tried to pick me up and mom was like "Put. Her. Down! She needs to get used to walking!! !! DO IT NOW! Put her down!! !" She was MAD. Granted, my two older sisters, one's 5 years older than me, and the other 7 years older, and they for a while had me confused for a doll with my pink dresses and blonde hair and they wouldn't leave me alone. All I know was it was before my younger sister came into the world (which would make me younger than 14 months)

I remember ripping off my great aunt's wig and screaming at her deficit of hair.

And I remember a lot of things from age 2. I remember the wooden broomstick horse my dad made out of wood for me (until it was confiscated when I whacked my sisters on their heads with it)

I remember playing with my great-grandpa's walker (he passed when I was 2), and the velcro on his shoes.

I also remember when my younger sister (who was 18 mo old at the time but still very strong for her age nonetheless) and I were sailing across the room in those 1980's metal tonka trucks and pushing each other around in them and she tripped and fell straddled with one leg in front of it with me in it and it rolled over her leg, breaking it.

I remember a lot of things. One thing I notice is that it is a very photographic snapshot like memory, and a lot of sensory will bring it back to me in an instant if something cues a memory. If only I could only remember the good memories though.

Issit
Raven
Raven

12 Sep 2012, 3:41 am

I remember dreaming about falling in space, then waking up and crying, mum then came to me and took me to her bed.

I guess I might have been around 8 months old.
(as I could partially stand up holding the baby bed)