Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2012, 10:41 pm

I remember most of my life from the age of 3years old, and remember bits of my life from a baby, like crawling and the smell of the square blocks I use to play with. I have a memory of looking out of my bedroom window when I was two years old. I have a step sister who can only remember back to the age of 8years old.

what are some of your earliest memories as a child?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 10:49 pm

My earliest memory is of the time that I was walking up and down the stairs and I was looking out between the columns that held the banister up. I was 1 and a half at the time.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 11:04 pm

I have distinctive memories of my preschool door (age 3-4) and going to speech therapy that I went to before kindergarten (again 3-4, I think 3). Things before age 3 I can't be sure if I'm remembering being told about them or the actual event, but there are various things from age three I'm sure are memories and not memories of stories.

awsomekid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jul 2012, 11:20 pm

When I was 5 looking for a lost blanket....

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 11:28 pm

My earliest memory is from when I was 3. I was riding in the car in my car seat during a snowstorm when I asked my mom, "Mommy, where are we going?" and she replied, "To the pound to get a new kitty." At the pound, I adopted my first cat - a black cat with white spots who I named Sugar. I took good care of him - I let him in and out of the house and fed him lunch meat and cheese from the refrigerator.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 12:01 am

I have very clear memories of being a toddler, perhaps even younger. I remember being potty trained, being bathed in the sink, unsteadily wobbling on my feet as I cruised around the living room by holding on to the couch seat-cushions.

I actually even remember what I now know was the inside of a pram that we got rid of before I was one year old. The weirdest part of that memory though is that I recall lying on my back and saying stuff, but being annoyed that my parents didn't respond to it. I don't know what I was saying though. At age 1, I have to wonder if that was me learning to talk. Anyone else remember what it was like before you could talk?

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 12:44 am

I have many memories starting from two years old. I remember when iFather spilled a kettle of boiling water on me, and iMother tells me that I was around one-and-a-half at the time. I remember many delightful toilet-related eggsperiences from preschool. Maybe they are why I have always been eggstremely interested in poopoo and peepee.

Rudywalsh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2012, 12:45 am

I couldn,t form words until after I was five years old, I couldn't talk properly.

My condition goes from one end of the spectrum to the other, my mind slows down. This still happens today aged 47.
When my mind slows down I can't talk or express myself anymore. So i'm thinking that this is what my mind must have been like before the age of five, before I learnt to talk.

You should watch a great movie called (Powder) The main character can remember everthing from the moment he was born.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 1:03 am

First memory, approximate age 3.

Standing inside a screen door, some other kid my age pulls screen out & proceeds to slice my forehead with the jagged edge.

Still have the scar. Still see that malevolent face like yesterday.

EQ: 6.

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2012, 1:25 am

I guess it's technically impossible, but I believe I can remember coming out and the sharp contrast of the intense light from outside the womb, and bits of the humidity crib because I was apparently kept in hospital for a couple of weeks.

After that, about eight or nine months, standing up beside a lounge chair and holding on, heavy curtains and a dark room, and the blocks I had at the time.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 4:02 am

Fern wrote:
I have very clear memories of being a toddler, perhaps even younger. I remember being potty trained...

I didn't think I had any memories before the age of 4, but this just prompted one about being potty-trained. I must have been 2 (maybe 3 at most). I was very angry and very frustrated because I was unable to express my anger. I probably wasn't talking yet (don't remember for sure), but even if I was I certainly wouldn't have been articulate enough to explain the problem. So I just glared at my mother in silence. The emotions involved are probably the reason I remember it.

arisu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2012, 4:06 am

i only have a handful of memories from before five and they skip around.

my very first one is of a goat pooping. i was one and was visiting a relative's farm overseas.

Tonydev
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jul 2012, 4:49 am

I can remember watching the cottages opposite my old home being demolished. Quite vivid memories of the workmen standing on the roof throwing bricks down and the awful crashing noises when the bricks landed in the skip below. I have since discovered the demolition took place whe I was 9-10 months old :-0

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 5:09 am

First reliably-dated memory I have is a moment on my 4th birthday when Mum and Dad gave me my presents and Dad said "you're four" in a kindly voice.

Before that, I'm not sure of the dates and things are rather blurred. I can remember playing with my sister when I was pre-school but I don't know if she was pre-school or not - she's 3 years older than I am, so I would have been only 2 when she started school. I remember going to town with her and Mum on weekdays, but Sis might have been at school part-time, or on holiday.

TalksToCats
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jul 2012, 7:19 am

I'm not sure if this is my earliest memory but it is amongst the early ones (I have a lot of quite vivid snapshot memories from early childhood).

I must have been about 2 and a half may be 3.

I was slow to learn to walk properly so I was still in a push chair but didn't like it much, I got very bored and wriggled and bounced up and down. I think I had already broken 2 pushchairs by this point and was onto the third. Although what I'm about to tell you makes me wonder if this was entirely my fault, I think my Mum had a habit of using the pushchairs on unsuitable terrain...

To keep me amused, me and Mum used to tie the dogs to the push-chair and play mush mush (pretend they were huskies)

The dogs were of unequal size - one was a jack russell terrier the other a border collie (about 3-4 times the size).

My particular memory was of the day they decided to go in opposite directions and I fell out the pushchair (the pushchair was slightly bent but survived - I was a little bruised and shocked but otherwise ok.)

After which my Mum was very apologetic and a bit sheepish and said we couldn't do it any more.

I remember feeling very disapointed...

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 7:24 am

I think I don't have many memories from before the age of 5 and only know I have any because we moved when I was 5 and I have some memories of the old place.