Weird Envisage Moment that actually happened

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 10:55 am

Now this only happened once but it was really creepy.
Basically I envisaged a moment where I was laid down on the ground and moving my head left to right, breathing very constantly and this happened days before an event where I had an injury and the same thing I envisaged became a reality.
This was proper weird and it's never happened before or after then.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 11:05 am

Since time is not linear, this makes perfect sense.

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 11:05 am

I dont personally believe in ESP or other mumbo jumbo however I have had a few weird events.

1) a few months before my mother passed away I kept saying things like "this is my moms last christmas, we need to go see her" and "she won't be around to pay her credit card bill so I wish she would cancel the card".

2) I was going to visit my dad and the night before I had a dream that I got to his house to find him laying (apparently) dead on the floor. I left the next morning and drove to his house. By the time I got there, he was in the hospital. His ex gf had dropped by and found him... laying on the floor.

3) about 7-8 weeks ago I had a very odd fainting event that could not be explained as I don't normally faint. It was very sudden. Last week my aunt passed away. She had been in the hospital for about 7 weeks fighting cancer, but being a very private person she told no one until 3 days before she died. It turns out that the day I passed out was the day she was admitted to the hospital.

Why do these things happen? I believe that they are conincidental and that we only notice certain instances where we are "Correct" because our brain likes to make sense out of things, even if there is no sense to make. There are probably lots of other times I had dreams about people being injured and I pay them no mind because the person turns out to be ok, I only noticed this time because the person was actually injured.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 1:30 pm

I think 2 is similar to mine in terms of similar belief, CWA.
Personally yeah maybe it is the brain trying to connect two things that seen similar but may not be substantial enough to connect the two scenarios together.

Merculangelo
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jul 2012, 1:54 pm

Also: ask yourself WHEN your memory of envisioning that moment was created.
Perhaps you created the memory AFTER the event, attaching to it a sense of time that placed it before the event.
This actually happens to people.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 2:16 pm

Merculangelo wrote:
Also: ask yourself WHEN your memory of envisioning that moment was created.
Perhaps you created the memory AFTER the event, attaching to it a sense of time that placed it before the event.
This actually happens to people.

Was totally BEFORE the event, it NEVER occured after the event.
I do respect your thinking but that is not the case this time.

trinket
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2012, 2:28 pm

I often have dreams about water the night before Tsunami's and also certain hurricanes, I had a really scary water dream before Hurricane Katrina hit a few years ago. And I had a dream I was trapped under a waterfall and couldn't get out from under it the night before the tsunami hit Japan.

I think our brains are more capable then we give them credit for.

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 2:59 pm

The reason this happens is because everything that has happened, is happening, all at once. As PTSmorrow said, time is not linear; further, reality is sequenced by our consciousness. Our awareness at any given moment can be on multiple layers of reality, subconscious, etc. When we dream we are experiencing another "version" of "reality". Quotes because dreams and reality are the same; we "live" in "reality" and dream our dreams by matter of common convention. Since every event is taking place simultaneously, things get crossed, if you will. Something you dream about is before time, before our consciousness sequences the events by logical order. In essence, time is merely this sequencing; that is why it appears to slow down and speed up, depending on the subjective experience.

VisInsita
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2012, 3:13 pm

I believe in some sort of “precognition”. I have many similar kind of stories and have made a habit of writing down meaningful dreams and visions when they happen in case I want to recall them more accurately later. I have at least tried to keep my approach "scientific" as possible. :)

It is about belief and probably always will be. But everything is. Stars used to be just peaking holes to heaven in their starry tent rotating around the pillar of the Pole star. And it used to make perfect sense. Then Isaac let the light come while decoding secret messages and sacred buildings. And it made perfect sense. Again a new story has emerged: particles are decaying into different ones in our fallen pillar. And this all makes perfect sense.

Such things have happened that I can’t but believe C. S. Lewis when he wrote that miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.