Two of my closest friends just blocked me on Facebook...

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AJCoyne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2012, 11:01 pm

With no indication and without telling me why. We were actually talking and joking, then the next minute both of them blocked me. I don't understand why. Is this normal? Or some sort of joke? If so I'm not laughing :(

Advice? :(

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 11:24 pm

Without knowing what had been written leading up to that point, I couldn't even begin to guess.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

AJCoyne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2012, 11:28 pm

Me: Nice picture
Him: Thanks :)

...I'm not even joking, that was it :?

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 11:32 pm

That's rather odd. Perhaps he pressed a wrong button???

AJCoyne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2012, 11:36 pm

Doubt it...guess I will find out tomorrow *sigh* :?
Hate being autistic at times like this.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 11:44 pm

There had to be more because you said you were talking and joking. I didn't see any joking.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

AJCoyne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2012, 11:48 pm

I don't remember the rest and I can't see the conversation now because it's disappeared, I was teasing him about being lonely, but he was laughing along and we joke like that all the time, we always offend each other...

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 12:04 am

Is your friend NT? If so, there could be a large gap between what he was sending you and what he was actually typing...

AJCoyne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jul 2012, 12:05 am

Yeah, both of them are NT, the other guy I hadn't even talked to since yesterday afternoon.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 12:11 am

Okay, it might be that, while it seemed on the surface you were both joking (since you say you offend to joke), you might have actually crossed a line in his perception. The remark you said probably hit him hard personally, but wasn't willing to say it outright, so he blocked you. I don't know what advice to give you, really :? Maybe hope that he'll lift the ban eventually??

BMctav
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2012, 5:30 am

AJCoyne wrote:
Advice? :(

Ask them if they have blocked you. If they have, ask them why.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 9:01 am

That is odd. If that is the case, then they really were not your friends to begin with.

Gnonymouse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2012, 12:10 pm

AJCoyne wrote:
I don't remember the rest and I can't see the conversation now because it's disappeared, I was teasing him about being lonely, but he was laughing along and we joke like that all the time, we always offend each other...

You probably crossed a line and he actually got offended, try to remember what you said, teasing doesn't get conveyed in well text. If he seems cold, let him know you were only kidding, didn't mean it, and are sorry.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 10:45 pm

If you want to be friends, your going to have to eat humble pie and apologize to him.

You probably did go to far. I usually don't partake in joking by offensive comments (and I am around it plenty) because I am afraid I might go to far without knowing it. Even if he jokes about it; there's probably a point that it's too much.

Or he was having a particularly bad day, and you hit him at the wrong moment.

If you can contact him via some other way; just write him an apology that you were only joking and you didn't mean to offend him and would like to remain friends and in the future you will reframe from being offensive.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 4:19 am

If he wasn't in a particularly playful or teasing mood, I can understand why he might become offended or unresponsive, just because someone is playful at other times doesn't mean they will be playful all of the time. I'm surprised that he didn't discuss the issue or tell you how he was feeling, maybe he felt that you were in an insensitive mood and that he couldn't talk to you about it.

chickenspice
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jul 2012, 6:28 pm

Screw it. I'd just move on and find new friends. If I had a "friend" who suddenly blocked or unfriended me on facebook, then I wouldn't even try to talk to that person again.