Failed the exams and I really don't care

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jul 2012, 12:35 am

All my life I was considered as ret*d anyway. I went to school for the sake of my parents. Nothing in the school interested me anyway, I actually was the best student for a few years but only because I liked when my teachers or parents praised me. In the later grades I really got tired of being a good studend. I've never had any good friends, was bullied a lot at school. Life is pointless for me.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 12:38 am

Well, there are always second chances at your age. I think when you feel better about yourself, you'll want to succeed for your own sake, not your family's.

Dizzee
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jul 2012, 12:45 am

puddingmouse wrote:
Well, there are always second chances at your age. I think when you feel better about yourself, you'll want to succeed for your own sake, not your family's.

I don't think I will ever take a chance, I've been through too much pain. I will never forgive people for treating me like that.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 12:48 am

I've failed exams before and resat them. You realise at some point in life that you need to do what's best for you and not live to please other people. Having the qualifications your capable of getting is part of that.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 3:10 am

Dizzee wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
I will never forgive people for treating me like that.

If I may suggest, hone a skill to razor sharpness, succeed and humiliate them all as adults.

Now get going.

EQ: 6.

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jul 2012, 3:45 am

Dizzee wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:

I don't think I will ever take a chance, I've been through too much pain. I will never forgive people for treating me like that.

Then, you're only hurting yourself and ruining your own future.

Some people have been through much more pain than you, and others have been through much less. That's life. Deal with it, and move on. We're wasting time online right now while kids are fatally starving and homeless in Sudan. You might just have more to appreciate about life than you think. You want change in your life, make change happen. You can't change the past, but you can change your future... if you're not looking at your future all "woe-is-me.. I have the worst life ever" mentality. You have a lot to be grateful for, painful past or not.

Find a way to deal with it, move on, and find happiness.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 4:37 am

You know, ooo, that's not particularly helpful. Yes, there are people with worse problems, but that doesn't mean that this particular problem isn't real. You might as well say that people with broken fingers shouldn't have medical treatment because other people have broken legs. Fact is, this person has been mistreated, and that's a real problem.

OP: Life is not pointless. You haven't found the point to your life yet, that's all. You spent a long time pleasing other people instead of finding out what you liked, so naturally you've become a bit disillusioned. Find what you want to do, and do that.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 4:48 am

I didn't care at all either; I failed them in high school and beyond.

It's telling of how I only have mental time and energy for my interest compared to anything else, which is an AS symptom.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 6:46 am

Callista wrote:
You know, ooo, that's not particularly helpful. Yes, there are people with worse problems, but that doesn't mean that this particular problem isn't real. You might as well say that people with broken fingers shouldn't have medical treatment because other people have broken legs. Fact is, this person has been mistreated, and that's a real problem.

OP: Life is not pointless. You haven't found the point to your life yet, that's all. You spent a long time pleasing other people instead of finding out what you liked, so naturally you've become a bit disillusioned. Find what you want to do, and do that.

I for one would rather have broken legs than a broken finger. [take note of pluralization in that sentence]

abstract
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jul 2012, 10:54 am

I haven't been doing well in school lately. I can't stand exams, I just become overwhelmed by the amount of information that I need to study and end up getting nothing done.