Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Raven
Raven

11 Jul 2012, 10:21 pm

This is a short clip from Invictus (great film). I'd also recommend watching Gandhi. It's really long, but I think a lot of people on this forum would benefit from seeing how Gandhi led the liberation of the Indian People.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHqi6ZB_F0U[/youtube]

LennytheWicked
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 7:51 am

I haven't seen this movie and I really have trouble understanding what they're saying - is there a transcript somewhere?

Is this supposed to be about South Africa's revolution? [I always said Morgan Freeman looked like Mandela. :I]

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

14 Jul 2012, 9:08 am

[Moved from Autism Politics, Activism, and Media Representation to Television, Film, and Video]

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 11:40 am

This is a great film. :) Lenny you should google movie scripts. They have scripts to alot of good movie. :D

Raven
Raven

18 Jul 2012, 11:36 am

The reason I originally posted this in the Activism section was that I feel there is a lot of anger expressed by people who post in that area. This scene explains that anger is ineffective. Also, in the movie Gandhi, Gandhi states that he want's the British to leave India as friends. His method to liberate India was to show the British that the Indians were capable of running the country themselves. Many people on the spectrum are upset with Autism Speaks, but if we try to work with them I think the best possible solutions to our problems will be found and carried out.

Raven
Raven

18 Jul 2012, 11:51 am

...And speaking of Manela, today's his birthday! Happy Birthday Madiba!

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 11:58 am

This is from a weird show Twin Peaks but thought it was a neat and unexpected anti-violence message.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS2zU6YPl24[/youtube]