Can someone help me make sense of this?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

sebringvandit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jul 2012, 8:05 pm

Just took this Aspie's quiz online. Looking to understand how to relate this.

Took Aspie's Quiz on rdos dot net and scores 3 on Aspie-Social, 4.5 on Aspie-Communication, while scoring 8 and 9 on the neurotypical side of these metrics.

To provide a little more personal information, I am male, early 30s. Growing up, I didn't have a great childhood. Absentee father. In my teenage years, I had a stepfather, who while very helpful, was also very destructive. In other words, he often didn't care much about my social development, and occasionally acted counter to it. Both parents exhibited depression tendencies. My younger brother also suffers from anger management problems.

Was always interested in the opposite sex, but often had problems conveying my interest. Being overweight in elementary and junior high school didn't help. Eventually, I got around to having relationships at 17. Since then, have had several 1-2 year relationships. 50/50 split on whether she or I ended them. Sometimes, I can be completely oblivious to females flirting with me, which has probably cost me some nice relationships.

Often spent much time by myself from childhood through adulthood. Have had a few friendships that have sustained themselves over time. Am best in one-on-one or small group situations.

Had gross motor/coordination problems that have lessened over time. Always fascinated by maps, transportation, places. Into sports, though my lack of ability prevented me from participating in high-coordination activities.

Was often quiet for fear of being taken advantage of/back-stabbed, though that has lessened over time. Enjoy social interactions and making contact with new people.

Music and podcast lover, was often addicted to my iPod, especially living a place where one need not drive. That has lessened over time also.

Often talk to myself and get lost in my own thoughts. In fact, I often find myself having a bunch of ideas and trying to act on them.

If there are other traits I should divulge, please let me know. I don't think I have full-blown AS, as the test confirms, but I know I'm not completely neurotypical either.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

12 Jul 2012, 9:11 pm

If you think there's something going on inside that head of yours, you'd probably need to make an appointment with a professional psychologist to find out. It's never a good thing to try to diagnose yourself on the internet.

Welcome to Wrong Planet, by the way.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 10:36 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Jul 2012, 10:55 pm

I don't understand what exactly you want help making sense of- as the topic header indicates.

If you think you have some Aspie traits, hang around, see if something helps.

I wouldn't recommend rushing off to see a doctor. I don't think much of them.

Me: But, I thought you said I DO have Aspergers?
Dr: You do.
Me: Dude. I can see what you wrote on your Rx pad. I looked up the dx codes. There is no 299. Where is the 299?
Dr: Oh, well, you know, insurance reason. So, I put that you have ADHD.
Me: How scientific.