Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2012, 11:37 am

Instead of receiving a pair of shoes that I ordered from a website I was sent a shower cap. :twisted: :thumbdown:

This is website: http://www.thisshoesshows.com/. I would like to see it go out of business. :twisted: What I have been doing is checking complaint websites, writing to people with a grievance to be sure that they follow through so that they can get their money back. :)

Another person didn't receive the shower cap they received a hair net. Some people didn't even receive that! Not that it makes a difference.

The two reasons for this post is 1. make sure that no one here ever buys shoes from this website. 2. Find out if it is possible for me to do something to prevent these people from continuing to steal money. :wall:

Now that I have written all of that I think that this problem reads like a plot from "Leverage". Wonder if I'm getting my ideas from it. :oops: 8O
Even if it is I still would like it to stop.

Anybody have any ideas for me? Or maybe you would like to help. What do you think?

I think these emoticons can be extremely useful in enhancing a simple message.

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Jul 2012, 11:42 am

irene wrote:
Instead of receiving a pair of shoes that I ordered from a website I was sent a shower cap. :twisted: :thumbdown:

Wow, thanks for that.
I do not have anything helpful to say. But you made me laugh extremely hard.

:evil: :evil: :evil: Die! Die! Die! Evil senders of shower caps!! ! :evil: :evil: :evil:

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 11:54 am

There is a certain irony that the OP possibly isn't aware of. Every time she posts the link to that website it makes them appear more popular to search engines. It boosts the site's Google page ranking so there is even more possibility of them gaining more new customers!

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 1:05 pm

For some odd reason, this popped into mind...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJlTVIyarxo[/youtube]

REVENGE! *store employee(s) racing to find an unoccupied restroom*

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2012, 2:01 pm

Since writing this message I did fill out a complaint form from the US government, and sent another note to PayPal.

After filling in the name on the website and the e-mail address on the form for econsumer.gov I got a message that both were invalid. Of course I found it necessary to give this info to PayPal. Why are they collecting money for a company that has an invalid e-mail address?

When I first wrote to PayPal I let them know that I did receive the shower cap then asked if they thought it was possible that I still might receive the shoes. The answer I received was that the seller did send me something and I should escalate the 'dispute' to a 'claim' which meant that I had to repeat the same info for a second time. Didn't anyone read the letter? :roll: :twisted:

It seems as though customer service at this company just relies too heavily on form letters without carefully reading the letters. Perhaps they didn't have a form letter that fit my situation correctly so they sent the second best one. I have worked customer service for a few years. Form letters are used only by the lazy.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 5:08 pm

Thanks for the bit of comedy.Image

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jul 2012, 6:30 am

Quote:
Thanks for the bit of comedy.

You think that's funny. What I didn't mention earlier is that I spent $58. for the shower cap, which of course was supposed to be a pair of shoes. The US Post Office asked for $38. to return the shower cap. :twisted: :roll: :cry:

I was told that the only way to be able to track the package was to send it express so that it would arrive in a week. :?: I let the woman who helped me know that I didn't really care how long it took. I just want my money back!

If my feet were a different size none of this would have happened since I would have no trouble finding shoes that fit. For the last 4 or 5 years I have found that Clark's :D is the only company that makes shoes that are comfortable.

PokemonChampionIris
Raven
Raven

14 Jul 2012, 10:20 am

I thought this was a thread to talk about seeking vengence on those who oppose you?
.....I want to send Capone to hell.
:twisted: :evil:

justizabell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jul 2012, 12:26 am

When looking up the company name in Google search almost all the way down the first page it starts to list complaints. I'm always skeptical when buying from new companies so I look them up prior. I came across this one http://www.scambook.com/company/view/43 ... shoesshows that lists quite a few complaints against that company.

I think if it had been me I would have thrown out the shower cap rather that paying for return postage and chalked it up to a lesson learned while in turn, turning them in to whoever I could along with asking Paypal for a refund. I don't know what the process is for getting a refund though so it would make sense if you had to send the shower cap back in order to get your money back. I hope that Paypal gives you back at least what you spent to begin with.

So sucky you were taken advantage of. :(

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2012, 7:11 am

Quote:
When looking up the company name in Google search almost all the way down the first page it starts to list complaints. I'm always skeptical when buying from new companies so I look them up prior. I came across this one http://www.scambook.com/company/view/43 ... shoesshows that lists quite a few complaints against that company.

I think if it had been me I would have thrown out the shower cap rather that paying for return postage and chalked it up to a lesson learned while in turn, turning them in to whoever I could along with asking Paypal for a refund. I don't know what the process is for getting a refund though so it would make sense if you had to send the shower cap back in order to get your money back. I hope that Paypal gives you back at least what you spent to begin with.

So sucky you were taken advantage of.

Because PayPal basically is interested in knowing that the seller received a shipment I considered sending the shower cap with a hole in it the wrapper, or something else like a pencil. My reasoning for this is if the seller could have gotten a way with sending something other than a pair of shoes why can't I do the same.

PayPal's system is beyond stupid that the seller can send you anything and claim that they sent the item that was ordered. I just wonder how many people throw away the shower cap or whatever it is that they received which would prevent them from getting their money back. That just frustrates the hell out of me! :twisted: To think that there is someone out there who's laughing at people because he/she can steal someone's money and get away with it just makes me utterly furious! 8O :twisted: :evil: :cry: :roll:

I would like to see this jerk go out of business! :D :sunny: It's just too bad that the program "Leverage" wasn't real. Wonder if it is possible to suggest this as a plot. Or am I running amok. What do you think? Anyone?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 8:01 am

There's an old saying that I like.

"Don't get mad, get even!" :)

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2012, 8:25 am

Quote:
There's an old saying that I like.

"Don't get mad, get even!"

You got that one right, CockneyRebel! So if you have any suggestions how I can do something to try to get this guy out of business PLEASE let me know.

It's a shame that PayPal could be so stupid to take the word of their sellers over the sellers customers. Their customer service is not good.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 11:24 am

The atrocious grammar of the company name clued me in that this is likely not legit. "This Shoes Shows" sounds like some foreign entity or individual using the storefront to scam customers. Did the site have any customer appreciation seals or security icons that weren't spoofed?

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2012, 11:11 am

Finally this problem has been resolved. PayPal certainly is not a Pal to their customers.

Their customer service department exists only via phone, not on their computer. If you have a problem with PayPal NEVER EVER use the Internet to correct it. The info the customer gets from their Internet site could easily be wrong. :wall: :shameonyou:

PayPal didn't send the message to me asking me to return the shipment that I received. It was the :twisted: :skull: seller :thumbdown: :eew: who sent it. The woman who I spoke to on the phone after I received that message should have realized that and said something. She didn't. What kind of system can they have helping anyone if they allow the seller to contact the buyer? How can PayPal actually permit the seller to contact the consumer on their website? Exactly how stupid are they?

Yesterday after waiting a little over a week for a message on Hotmail I called them. A nice woman said I would get back the $38. for the postage. But I didn't get a confirmation for that with the message stating I would get back the money for the shoes. I called them again today. I was so 'gnikaerf' angry. Of course it doesn't help that when I unintentionally press the cell phone to my cheek I get cut off.

The last call did confirm that I would be getting the money paid to return the shower cap. Hate PayPal. What a name PayPal! :roll:

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 11:26 am

Imember trying to establish a PayPal about 3 years ago and couldn't find a phone number on their site (or anywhere for that matter). The only "customer service" they had was a little avatar with a text block where you typed your problem in question form. Of course, my problem didn't fall into the rigid constraints of the pre-programmed five responses (my address came up as invalid, as did my bank account, which I have used for years to pay bills and make purchases via credit/debit card). I just have a person I know in town order things off Ebay and pay him a tip for doing so. Aside from this, Amazon has been my one-stop-shop for numerous items.

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2012, 11:47 am

Amazon is amazing. You can buy absolutely anything from them. Never checked to see if they sell cars, airplanes, boats.

As payment for doing survey about life as an Aspie I received a $30. gift certificate for the website. It was used to buy a beautiful pair of shoes that should actually feel very comfortable on my odd sized feet. They probably look identical to those of a Hobbit without the hair. The original price was $179. After the sale price and the $30. was deducted I paid $36.38! :D 8)

I am totally thrilled! :D :sunny: :cheers: :thumright: