Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ArthurDent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2012, 5:05 am

Amethyst wrote:
aMuse wrote:
Here comes the hate mail...

I loved the first four seasons, and even liked the first several into season five. But, part way in, it was like they found out that "the cool people" liked them, and began to act like... not themselves (and more like performing fools, as means to stay "
in" with those "cool people"). Predictable, typical sitcom stuff now. Sheldon now laughs, pokes fun in a *neurotypical* manner, tries to interact where he avoided it before, etc. Sure, Amy could be seen as the bulk of the reason he is behaving like a buffoon now, as can the rest of his "friends." But, it is soooo out of character, and there was no gradual buildup. Watch season three, then watch the last half of season five. Completely different Sheldon, and the "antics" and jokes all become VERY predictable and tired IMO.

I watch the reruns, and own the first three seasons on DVD. But, after season five, it is off my DVR list :cry:

I love this show, but after watching one of the more recent episodes the other day, the words 'jump' and 'shark' came to mind :(

When Howard was selected to go into space is in my opinion shark jumping material.

DeathbyMonkeys
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Aug 2012, 10:05 pm

Nobody has adressed all the jokes about Raj being super feminine.
But he isn't gay! He just has a large mental female percentage. (Like 40% female 60% male).

I heard two of the male actors in the show are gay. Cool! I think one of them is the Sheldon actor.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 1:17 am

quote="ArthurDent"]

Amethyst wrote:
I love this show, but after watching one of the more recent episodes the other day, the words 'jump' and 'shark' came to mind :(

When Howard was selected to go into space is in my opinion shark jumping material.[/quote]

Agreed.

Last edited by outofplace on 18 Aug 2012, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 1:57 am

DeathbyMonkeys wrote:
Nobody has adressed all the jokes about Raj being super feminine.
But he isn't gay! He just has a large mental female percentage. (Like 40% female 60% male).

I heard two of the male actors in the show are gay. Cool! I think one of them is the Sheldon actor.

Jim Parsons who plays Sheldon is in fact gay. But who would be the other cast member who is gay?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

birchbark
Raven
Raven

22 Aug 2012, 9:55 pm

I agree with some other posters that BBT hit a sort of peak sometime in season 3 or 4 where plot is concerned, but the newer episodes are still funny enough to keep it as one of my favorite shows. I recently rewatched some of last season on my DVR and still laughed out loud at the episode with Stephen Hawking and the one where Howard goes to astronaut training (I ate a butterfly...lmao).