Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 10:39 pm

For being in a social situation such as a gathering of people you don't know. I was HUGE ANXIETY through the roof NERVOUS! I was almost in tears when I got to this Matt guys house. SURE! My sister and a "few" people I knew were there BUT it was more "Don't know" people than people I knew. I asked if I could have a glass of wine and that helped calm my nerves. :-) PHEW! I hate I had to resort to that but I was on the verge of tears!! !! ! :-(

Can anyone relate???

KillerWaffles
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2012, 3:05 am

I can relate to that.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 3:15 am

Oh yeah. When I discovered the effect of alcohol it was very welcome in social situations.

I can't drink anymore due to health reasons, but I have some meds that have basically the same effect as alcohol, thank god.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 4:33 am

Yeah I can relate, I think part of the reason I managed to make a couple of mates at uni was because in the social situations where I saw them I drank to calm my damn nerves. Though I ended up drinking too much sometimes and doing stupid things. I don't think it's good to be dependent on it but in moderation it's useful.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 1:14 pm

Just a small amount of alcohol acts like a sedative so it can be helpful with nerves. But becareful you don't go for a second and third glass because then it starts to act like a stimulant.

Psychocandy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2012, 3:35 pm

Yeah, alcohol helps me open up. However I don't drink alcohol too often because it's detrimental to my health.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 4:15 am

It helps me out when I am about to have a meltdown or anxiety attack it also neutralizes the urge to cause self harm *scratching arms till blood is drawn, biting arms and hands, and self punching".

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList