Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 9:01 pm

^ ^ Kawaii *-*

outofplace wrote:
Humans are genetically programmed to like cute. This is especially true of the traits common to baby humans and animals. This instinct helps to secure the survival of future generations and thus is either the way we were designed by God to be or the way we evolved to be.

That seems like a good explanation. I wonder if there are studies about people around the word, and tribesmen and stuff also liking cute, or it is only something in our culture.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 9:32 pm

Shatbat wrote:
^ ^ Kawaii *-*

outofplace wrote:
Humans are genetically programmed to like cute. This is especially true of the traits common to baby humans and animals. This instinct helps to secure the survival of future generations and thus is either the way we were designed by God to be or the way we evolved to be.

That seems like a good explanation. I wonder if there are studies about people around the word, and tribesmen and stuff also liking cute, or it is only something in our culture.

Yes, actually there are studies that demonstrate this.

It's called the "Aaawwww Effect" and it's universal.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 10:33 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I think it's odd that a fan of Pokemon is asking why cute things are appealing. I mean, don't you love the cute Pokemon and the anime-style of the characters?

PS - I'm not a hater - I used to be a Pokemaniac myself and I think it's cool that you're into it.

Especially seeing as Iris in the anime has one of these:

Cute, but not great a fighting. :D