Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

40djbrooks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jul 2012, 10:50 pm

I am totally obsessed with technology from computers to tvs. It takes over my life and I have tried to deal with it, but no luck, so who else here has the same problem and would like to share?

PokemonChampionIris
Raven
Raven

14 Jul 2012, 10:54 pm

I LOVE pondering about that dangerous electricity inside computers/simular devices and how it can make soo many interesting colors and effects....0____o; Its fun^^

~Pokemon Trainer for LIFE...~

40djbrooks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jul 2012, 10:58 pm

Yes i discovered that I am more interested in the colours and quality more than the content. Like with formula 1 in hd, i tend to look at colours more than content.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 11:00 pm

Marshall Mcluhan: "The medium is the message."

8)

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 3:36 am

*raises hand* I have a spare room FULL of spare computer bits from all the assorted volunteer repair jobs I've done... computer hardware and what it can do has long been my aspie obsession. It's time to clear out the hoard though... it's mostly of no use to me and I'd like to get rid of it. Fortunately there's lots of people begging for computer hardware so I'll be able to clear out the lot in one sweep for free. ;)

I'll keep only ONE classic oldie for my ISA sound cards and my main rig... no more "redundancy"... okay, maybe just one fall-back system since it's a tiny SFF I can hide under the bed or something. ;)

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 3:41 am

BlueMax wrote:
*raises hand* I have a spare room FULL of spare computer bits from all the assorted volunteer repair jobs I've done... computer hardware and what it can do has long been my aspie obsession. It's time to clear out the hoard though... it's mostly of no use to me and I'd like to get rid of it. Fortunately there's lots of people begging for computer hardware so I'll be able to clear out the lot in one sweep for free. ;)

I'll keep only ONE classic oldie for my ISA sound cards and my main rig... no more "redundancy"... okay, maybe just one fall-back system since it's a tiny SFF I can hide under the bed or something. ;)

i know the feeling all too well -_-

i still have rack mounted switches galore laying around somewhere if i need a 100 people plus network :lol:

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

40djbrooks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jul 2012, 10:34 am

Oodain wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

i know the feeling all too well -_-

i still have rack mounted switches galore laying around somewhere if i need a 100 people plus network :lol:

Have you ever felt like building a server farm in your home, I would but I live in a council home, I would get evicted if I fried the electric circuits

I have sky hd, bt vision, xbox360, sony blu ray, soon might replace it with ps3, 3 computers, 1 laptop, 1 iphone 1 galaxy s2, now I want a windows 8 phone.

40djbrooks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jul 2012, 1:47 pm

I like the idea of saying, I think I will take my iphone out today, tommorrow galaxy s2, at home I would use my pc, then use my laptop and xbox

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 3:48 pm

40djbrooks wrote:
I am totally obsessed with technology from computers to tvs. It takes over my life and I have tried to deal with it, but no luck, so who else here has the same problem and would like to share?

I am more impressed with the underlying thinking and conceptualization that produces the technology than the gadgets themselves. I enjoy a cleverly constructed gadget as much as the next dweeb or nerd, but I am very impressed with the kind of thinking that leads to the gadgets -- from the underlying physical theory to the engineering smarts that made the product.

I think scientists and engineers are the best kinds of humans that have ever existed. I admire them much more than I admire politicians and statesmen and even soldiers. A very smart engineer may make it unnecessary for a heroic soldier to risk his life on the battle field.

ruveyn

40djbrooks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jul 2012, 7:48 am

ruveyn wrote:
40djbrooks wrote:

I am more impressed with the underlying thinking and conceptualization that produces the technology than the gadgets themselves. I enjoy a cleverly constructed gadget as much as the next dweeb or nerd, but I am very impressed with the kind of thinking that leads to the gadgets -- from the underlying physical theory to the engineering smarts that made the product.

I think scientists and engineers are the best kinds of humans that have ever existed. I admire them much more than I admire politicians and statesmen and even soldiers. A very smart engineer may make it unnecessary for a heroic soldier to risk his life on the battle field.

ruveyn

Yes I agree with you there, I think without science and technology our soldiers would be more disadvantaged

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 10:05 pm

I can relate 100% to the original post. I too am totally obsessed with electronics and have so many gadgets that I can't keep up with them all. Sometimes I access the Wrong Planet with my rooted Kindle Fire running Cyanogenmod 7 or at times like this I'm using an older Android 2.2.1 cellphone via a WiFi connection at my place of residence. I also have an old Windows Mobile 5 pocket pc that I play around with frequently. I have an HTC Mogul running WM 6.1 but the WiFi radio inside it is defective. I'm waiting on an HTC Touch Diamond being shipped here. Lol.....Since I don't have much as far as currency goes, I'm stuck using older or way cheaper devices. I own a Windows 7 laptop but hardly ever use it. For some reason I LOVE the physically smaller devices. The Nintendo DS is my favorite game system.

40djbrooks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2012, 10:33 pm

Yes I have 2 phones, iphone 4 and samsung s2, I like the idea that I can choose which phone I am going to use that day, I also have two machines running linux and windows 7, so I got the choice. I also have sky hd and BT Vision so I can use both.

I want to expand but it is the cost as well.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 6:10 pm

40djbrooks wrote:
Yes I have 2 phones, iphone 4 and samsung s2, I like the idea that I can choose which phone I am going to use that day

So what do u prefer? IOS or Android?

40djbrooks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2012, 10:07 pm

I like Android more over IOS as you can do a lot more with it.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 5:24 pm

40djbrooks wrote:
I like Android more over IOS as you can do a lot more with it.

I agree with your statement. The IOS does have a fancy and polished UI but seems so limited.

mkt
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Oct 2012, 4:32 am

Hi I am really interested to know how you all cope with a constant need to replace current technology with the constantly new versions appearing. My 15 yr old aspie never goes more than 4-6 months before he is unhappy with perfectly good and current technology because he is desperate to have the newest and best technology. It's causing a great deal of distress both for him and us his parents. Don't get me wrong he loves old school too but it is impossible to keep up with his demands!! ! I would love some advice if possible on how to get him to see how he can't possibly have it all. All of the time. :( Thanks in advance!!