How satisfied are you with your birth-assigned gender?

Page 8 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

How satisfied are you with the gender you were assigned at birth?
1 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
2 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
3 11%  11%  [ 15 ]
4 10%  10%  [ 13 ]
5 21%  21%  [ 28 ]
6 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
7 14%  14%  [ 18 ]
8 14%  14%  [ 19 ]
9 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
10 15%  15%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 132

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 1:53 pm

amusedviews wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
I know I fall way short of the cover girl look, but my husband finds me attractive just as I am, I've no doubt about that. I don't think he likes vain women, who spend way too much time on their appearance, in the slightest.

Covergirls fall short of the covergirl look. Its all photoshop.
True, but they come from a different starting position too.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 3:11 pm

See heres the thing, I wouldnt want to transition to a boy considering that I've lived as a female for 23 years already. If I transitioned to a boy, I would probably die. But if I was born and "raised" a boy, I wonder sometimes if I would have fared a bit better and had more fun. I'm not really sure, I balance out the pros and cons. I can imagine if I was born a boy, I would have been a lot more active and more technology inclined. As a girl I thought in black/white and I tried hard to conform for much of my life to what I thought I should be so much that I didnt realize certain sides to myself until I was starting to let that strict conformation go. I didnt realize that I liked what my friend called "rough housing until I was 17. And its like wtf, how come I didnt realize this when I was like 5? Of course since Im a girl, I do it very seldomly because no one wants to fight a girl. I didnt realize I was good at computers until like last year? When I was little I was so intimidated by computers I believed so strongly I sucked at computers. If I would have believed I was good at computers since high-school, I could have been very good by now. You spend so much time trying to conform to this stereotypical ideal, sometimes you dont realize your real strengths. But on the otherhand, in terms of romance and finding a significant other, if I was a guy I would be so much worse off. I dont have a significant other but at least dating is easier for me. Expressing your emotions and getting help is a lot easier too. I'm pretty good at getting guys to help me when I need it.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 4:11 pm

I would rather be a man so I'm not very happy with my given gender. I have too many interest that men has. I hate makeup, purses and dolls or anything girly except for the clothes I wear. I do wear women's clothes and have long hair. I love heavy equipment and enjoy many of the hobbies that men enjoy.

I've always felt like a man trapped in a woman's body.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

I'm happy with my gender because I prefer stereotypically male pursuits(video games, computers, science), and have slight disdain for 'girly' things like fashion and makeup. Also, I like girls, but I don't consider that to be inherent to my personality.

I answered 7.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 7:18 pm

I am happy with my gender and would not change it. But when I was five, I wanted to be a boy and wish I was one because I thought penises were cool. I would sometimes stand over the toilet and pee pretending I was a boy.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Shroomy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2012, 10:10 am

I like being female, for the most part. I like being in women only things and reading Women's Weekly because it makes me feel like I'm part of a group. But if I was born male, I don't think I would give a damn. If I woke up male, I wouldn't be happy because I had spent my whole life being female and I definitely feel female on the inside. But I would not kill myself.

I know there are difficulties men have that women could never understand, but I struggle with a lot of the female problems, one in particular.

I find it really disturbing how all the most "attractive women" are young and yet people still find men sexy in their 50s and 60s. And no one feels the need to photoshop out the wrinkles on men. On men, wrinkles are called "character lines." I feel like I have to hurry up and find a partner now while I'm still young and "pretty" with no wrinkles on my face or be judged harshly and rejected for a younger woman. Even the "post a picture of a hot person" threads in this forum suggest this. Not a single photo is posted of an older woman or a non-photoshopped wrinkles one but there are sooo many of older men with obvious gigantic wrinkles.

But I already have some wrinkles. I have had eye wrinkles only when I smile since I was a teen. I smiled throughout my whole childhood and I think this is why. But they're positive emotion wrinkles from smiling, and they're not there when I'm expressionless. I noticed when I glanced in the car mirror from the back seat last week that I have those faint "11s" lines on my forehead between my eyebrows except there are 3 of mine instead of 2, but they can only be seen in bright sunlight. But why? I have been told by so many people that I NEVER make angry or frowning facial expressions and I wear sunscreen every day that I go outside, even if it's just going to the mailbox. Wtf!? Why is it happening to me at age 21 even though I take obsessively good care of my skin? I use high concentration vitamin e, c and a products on my skin and some of them are damn expensive and do a weekly facial mask, cleanse, tone, serum, moisturiser, etc twice a day. I have done extensive research on skin care. I have clear skin, I get 2 pimples per year on average and I have long considered my smooth forehead the best part of my face. I have always thought I would much rather have positive emotional wrinkles rather than negative ones, and ever since seeing the Lord of the Rings for the first time, I have always thought that I would much rather have horizontal forehead lines than massive vertical ones like Theoden of Rohan and ever since then it became my worst fear ever. He looks permanently angry and pissed off throughout the entire movie, even when he's supposed to be happy.

When I looked in the car mirror I saw an angry face looking back. I went home and cried. This is a massive blow to my already low self-esteem.

I'll say a 6. Sorry if I pissed anyone off with my paranoia. I don't know how I'm supposed to embrace negative emotional wrinkles, especially ones I have hated for many years. And I have just realised that skincare might be an obsessive interest of mine.

Psychocandy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jul 2012, 10:12 am

About... 5.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Jul 2012, 10:25 am

I voted "8".

I'm happy as a male, and the only reason I didn't say "10", is that I would not kill myself under any circumstances that I am aware of. In other words, I would not want to change anything about my gender or orientation.

Charles

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jul 2012, 3:22 pm

I'm not sure. Sometimes I feel genderless. It doesn't bother me, though. Being female... having breasts and vagina doesn't mean that much to me. It's just my body. I don't believe being male or female should mean very much. I don't believe being male or female should mean you should look or act a particular way, either. I'm just me. That's all I'll strive to be.

Daniel_is_bored
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jul 2012, 4:20 pm

Voted 7.I really like being a guy, but if i woke up a girl I guess I could adapt.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 4:43 pm

Psychocandy wrote:
About... 5.

Every time I see your avatar I have to sit and look at it. The tea is such a happy color - the whole cup looks very happy/content.