How satisfied are you with your birth-assigned gender?

Page 1 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

How satisfied are you with the gender you were assigned at birth?
1 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
2 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
3 11%  11%  [ 15 ]
4 10%  10%  [ 13 ]
5 21%  21%  [ 28 ]
6 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
7 14%  14%  [ 18 ]
8 14%  14%  [ 19 ]
9 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
10 15%  15%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 132

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 9:23 pm

1 - is you hate it so much that you will kill yourself if you can't transition (assume you haven't already transitioned, if you have)
10 - you love it so much that you would kill yourself if you woke up as the other gender
5 - is totally indifferent, don't even think about it

I put this here, rather than the LGBT forum because I wanted to see the response of the general autistic population.

Valkyrie2012
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jul 2012, 9:25 pm

I asked my mom if I could be changed to a boy when I was 12 lol....

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 9:32 pm

I put 8, I quite like being a dude, but if I suddenly woke up female, I imagine I could adapt.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 9:33 pm

5... and wishing gender weren't such an important part of our society. :roll:

I can't quite say I don't think about it, mostly because of those gender stereotypes that are constantly pushing me to be more feminine, or rewarding me for actions that seem feminine, like my love of crochet. I want to do things because I like them--not because they're things that a woman is "supposed" to do. I wish I could get rid of all that pushing me into a "female" shape, and just go my own way.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Last edited by Callista on 17 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenmamma
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2012, 9:38 pm

I put 8. I am currently happy with being a woman, but when I was 12 or so I wanted to be a boy. I think mainly because girls didn't get to do all the cool stuff boys did like hunting and fishing and playing sports seriously. This had nothing to do with sex but everything to do with gender stereotypes. Things have changed since then.

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm

I don't want a sex change or anything but let's just say that if I was able to choose my gender before birth I would have picked male.

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jul 2012, 9:44 pm

Told my folks over and over again that I would grow up to be a boy when I was a kid, lol. Also went through a cross-dressing phase in mid-adolescence. Still tomboyish in many ways - have a hard time relating to many girly things, etc. However, other than those things, I'm mostly fine with being a girl, especially now that I have a guy. :D :wink:

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 9:48 pm

TheTigress wrote:
I don't want a sex change or anything but let's just say that if I was able to choose my gender before birth I would have picked male.

Same here.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 9:53 pm

I feel like my gender doesn't really matter that much, but I feel like I'd have my high sex drive much more easily satisfied if I were a woman. That, and if I didn't have money for something, I could just show some boobs or something(not always, but this does work). If I whip out my junk, it doesn't have the same effect.

I'd like to know what it's like to be a woman for a day/week or something. Part of it is curiosity, and part of it is to better understand them so I could be a better boyfriend/husband. But I don't have this feeling that I was born in the wrong body or anything.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 11:00 pm

I guess that my option would be #2. I hate my biological gender which is female so badly that I'd actually go as far as to perform the transition on myself. I wouldn't go as far as to kill myself, but I would do liposuction on my breasts and other female parts. I'd even sew a prosthetic penis and balls on myself. An honest answer to an honest question.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 11:15 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I guess that my option would be #2. I hate my biological gender which is female so badly that I'd actually go as far as to perform the transition on myself. I wouldn't go as far as to kill myself, but I would do liposuction on my breasts and other female parts. I'd even sew a prosthetic penis and balls on myself. An honest answer to an honest question.

Are you waiting to transition at the moment?

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 11:50 pm

I like being a man.

I mean, if I were to wake up female one day it wouldn't be the end of the world. There are even certain aspects of my life that I think would be easier as a woman.

Still, I like being a man. I like my beard, and my hairy chest. I like feeling physically powerful. I like that nobody questions my interests or the things I enjoy doing because, as a man, they expect me to enjoy those things.

I sympathize with people who aren't happy with the gender they were born into. I do know what it feels like to wish you were someone or something other than what you are. But I'm grateful that I've never had to experience that feeling to the same degree that they do.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 11:50 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

I don't have the money to do so. I like to do things to keep my mind on other things and off my gender. I apologize if my post was a little too graphic for WP. I don't have a filter when it comes to stuff like this.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 11:52 pm

Man seems to be my favourite word and Mick seems to by my favourite name.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 11:52 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

I don't have the money to do so. I like to do things to keep my mind on other things and off my gender. I apologize if my post was a little too graphic for WP. I don't have a filter when it comes to stuff like this.

No need to apologise at all. I was just asking because I can't imagine how hard it must be to feel that way. :(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 11:57 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

No need to apologise at all. I was just asking because I can't imagine how hard it must be to feel that way. :(

I've gotten use to it over the past 33 years. 8)