Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

aging
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2012, 9:42 pm

for as long as I can remember I've had obsessions on people. when i meet a new person i really enjoy, not necessarily romantically, I can't stop thinking about them. it's not like a crush, but just wondering about them. it's especially worse during the summer when there's not much else to do or places to go or things to keep me busy. i try reading and writing and listening to music but it still interferes and it's an anxious sort of feeling. does anyone else deal with this? and how do you get over it so you can keep friendships intact?

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 10:05 pm

Wow, you're 112 years old and still getting obsessed with people! That can't be too bad.

Michellen2008
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jul 2012, 11:09 pm

Just tell them you get obsessed on things you like and get stuck. Like explain some people collect things and you are kinda like that. (:

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 4:46 am

This sounds familiar. To make it slightly harder for both of us, He's an Aspie too.

MirrorWars
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 6:42 am

Did your dad have a steam-car?

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 6:59 am

So if I get chummy with you, will you facebook stalk me and stuff?

haha I'm actually into studying people or personology its been called.

Genotyping, astrology, face shape, hand shape, cultural psychology.... you name it, I'll apply it, to you

heck, my quack would psycho-anal-yses me, with limited and under functioning resources to boot, so it cant be all that bad for me to use centuries old, tried and tested methodologies

aging
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2012, 8:34 pm

I would tell him, except he doesn't know that I have Asperger's. Also, they don't realize so it's mostly in my head.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 8:40 am

I do this too, but only romantically. I wish I knew how to stop! It takes so much efort for me not to act like an idiot. I've destroyed a couple of friendships doing this :( The person completely becomes my special interest and THEIR interests/personality traits become sub-interests. I was just gonna make a post about this actually...

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 3:55 pm

Happens to me too, a lot more in the past. There's a reason for that and it's called loneliness. Also, emptiness, nothing too interesting happening in one's life at the moment either from within or without. I'd say you have to make an effort to find other things that fascinate you enough to take your mind off them a bit.

aging
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2012, 6:17 pm

Kiseki wrote:
I do this too, but only romantically. I wish I knew how to stop! It takes so much efort for me not to act like an idiot. I've destroyed a couple of friendships doing this :( The person completely becomes my special interest and THEIR interests/personality traits become sub-interests. I was just gonna make a post about this actually...

Yup, same here! I knew it couldn't just be me. I try to concentrate on other special interests but it's so much worse than obsessions on things... suppose there's no solution? :/

Moondust wrote:
Happens to me too, a lot more in the past. There's a reason for that and it's called loneliness. Also, emptiness, nothing too interesting happening in one's life at the moment either from within or without. I'd say you have to make an effort to find other things that fascinate you enough to take your mind off them a bit.

but i've been doing this forever.. maybe it's gotten worse with loneliness! also confusion about what a friend really should act like. so I guess that's true to an extent. I'll try to find other interests to focus on and hope for the best.

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2012, 6:49 pm

Did you meet Einstein?

aging
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2012, 9:47 pm

MirrorWars wrote:

nrau wrote:
Did you meet Einstein?

wait, what?

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2012, 9:49 pm

aging wrote:
MirrorWars wrote:

nrau wrote:
Did you meet Einstein?

wait, what?

aging is sure a horrible thing. I mean, the passage of time

how does it feel to watch all these people you knew or once considered important die as decades pass?
it's a miracle you are still so optimistic and care ...but that way you're going to suffer more

hellokittyluvr

06 Aug 2012, 2:41 am

Omg i do am like that too it does suck!