Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 11:59 am

If you find something out that is interesting, by over excited I mean mildly hyper, fast talking raised pitch.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 12:04 pm

Oh, all the time! :D Sometimes, usually when I acquire a new obsession, I'll get what I call an "excited panic attack" until I pursue the interest. This is often having to watch a certain scene in a movie. The symptoms are the same as a regular panic attack, which I get all of the time, but the difference is that I'm not afraid of anything. As soon as I pursue the fixation, the symptoms subside. It's rather strange, really. At any rate, when I get overstimulated about one of my "special interests," the Asperger's really shines through. I'll just talk and talk, I get louder, I'll speak quicker, and my tendency to interrupt people increases. My pitch does change, as well.
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 12:11 pm

I get this about music (concerts, certain albums, certain ideas) and about certain things I've read..

F5c_wZ3_414e_X5
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Nov 2006, 12:28 pm

I get over-excited when I think about my obsessions. My current obsession is the band Absurd Minds. I get more and more excited when I talk about them.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 12:38 pm

When i hear or see something that is nice, or something happens in a program (ie bad person getting their come uppance) i go into little girl mode. I'll bounce up and down, clap my hands and giggle and squeal in a high pitched voice, i get some strange looks occassionally. :lol:

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 2:23 pm

yeah. very loud high pitched squeky voice running around in circles of excitement...takes a long time for me to calm down.

Murdal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2006, 2:25 pm

High pitched never happens but I tend to keep talking...and talking...and talking >.>

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 2:25 pm

My teacher said one time that we were going to visit MIT and I said "Wow, that's awesome!" and when I was smaller: my mom would tell me to calm down sometimes.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 2:49 pm

my mom STILL tells me to calm down all the time,and my teachers, and my friends, and my cousins, and my gradparents ,and my uncle...

mesious
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2006, 2:53 pm

ok this sounds crazy but my comorbid is depression, not schizo. when i was 21 i did a bunch of psychedelic drugs and entered a past life. for 3 years i was in that super-excited/panic attack phase. it wasn't very nice. whether i was actually in a past life, who knows? but if i was, turns out i was shipped to a concentration camp and then gassed. who knows? maybe we with autism had such terrible past lives that we came back a little different? or maybe it was a short-lived but quite traumatizing hallucination that meant much less.

metaphysical speculation aside, i get excitement attacks so bad that i get goosebumps and i feel faint. also, i can make myself have goosbumps, just by will. can anyone else? it might have to do with ehler's-danlos syndrome, which i have, becuase it makes your skin and body do very weird things.

does anyone else have EDS or Marfan's? both are connective tissue disorders which are probably (according to me and some others) related to the autistic spectrum.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 3:34 pm

Often, and often for no reason at all I just get the urge sometimes to just dash from nowhere to nowhere and people wonder what the heck is that 53 year old up to?

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 6:25 pm

Whenever music composition becomes the subject in conversations(and it almost always does) I tend to behave euphoric, better-knowing and what some would describe as arrogant. Being arrogant or self-centered is never my intention. It's just this extreme passion for music that grips me and I wish for others to discover it within themselves as well.

theSPECTRE
Toucan
Toucan

26 Nov 2006, 6:33 pm

I get really excited if a girl likes me or I am getting something new like a cool action figure. I shake my arms and tense up and make a high funny pitch noise. but i try not to do it in public. my roomates think its funny.

-Tony Mantanna
-Scarface

Say Good Night to the bad guy - Tony Montana
-Scarface

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 6:39 pm

Sometimes I get so excited I run around everywhere.

solid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2006, 8:46 pm

I get more excited when i see pictures of my obsessions or am doing something involving them

Stop talking trash

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 8:49 pm

Sometimes. Usually when I get excited my hands will shake or wring, in a stimmy way.