Choices for avatars in Wrong-Planet Forum...

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm

My choice of an avatar is an image recreated from an image I experienced in that half-wake/half asleep state. I produced of a road with yellow dividing-lines. The circles between the yellow dividing-lines represent some type of indicators e.g., gauges.

I've been told I'm a "road-monitor of sorts" in operating a motor vehicle e.g., assessing road conditions, and other vehicles on the road for maintaining safety on the road.

I've experienced numerous Abstract/Collage images with symbols during meditative-like states. It has been found that people on the Autism/Aspergers Specturm relate to images, and objects more readily than relating to people.

Are the choices of most avatars in the Wrong-Planet Forum somehow related to Aspergers?

ironmagus
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2012, 4:05 pm

In my case it's a symbol I designed and I have been obsessing over it for quite a few years. MSC stands for latin (maybe pseudo-latin) Mens Super Corpus or in my mother-tongue "Mente Supera Corpo", which can be roughly translated to Mind over Matter, so to speak.

It's not actually connected to Asperger (I even am not diagnosed with Asperger nor do I plan getting "checked out" so soon), but a personal life philosophy.

It's my avatar in pretty much every site, it's my desktop wallpaper, it's my cellphone wallpaper...It has become a close symbol.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 2:49 pm

ironmagus wrote:
In my case it's a symbol I designed and I have been obsessing over it for quite a few years. MSC stands for latin (maybe pseudo-latin) Mens Super Corpus or in my mother-tongue "Mente Supera Corpo", which can be roughly translated to Mind over Matter, so to speak.

It's not actually connected to Asperger (I even am not diagnosed with Asperger nor do I plan getting "checked out" so soon), but a personal life philosophy.

It's my avatar in pretty much every site, it's my desktop wallpaper, it's my cellphone wallpaper...It has become a close symbol.

It bears a striking resemblance to the Algiz in the Elder FuÞark
My image is merely a picture of myself. Man, do I have a pale a** Scandinavian/Germanic face :P.

ironmagus
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jul 2012, 3:08 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
ironmagus wrote:

It bears a striking resemblance to the Algiz in the Elder FuÞark
My image is merely a picture of myself. Man, do I have a pale a** Scandinavian/Germanic face :P.

Yes, it actually does now that you mention it, but it does also resemble the greek Psi. That symbol musn't not be very uncommum, like the Swastika It was used by the Hindus and other cultures way before the German Nazi Party decided it should adorn their banners.

A picture of yourself? Not really, that' a picture of your eyes and clothes. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 3:49 pm

I come on WP to be myself. As a way of being myself, I like to use an image of The Kinks or my favourite Kink, Mick Avory for an avatar. Mine changes a lot, though I stick to the same theme. :)

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 9:34 am

Mine is a picture I did that I like.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 3:15 am

My avatars are always pictures that relate to my special interests. Since I don't really have a special interest right now, I have decided not to use an avatar. However, I'm sure I'll find something to obsess over one of these days.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 3:34 am

Mine is sort of descriptive of my personality when I am depressed. I am naturally melancholy and introspective, much like Eeyore, so it fits me well.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 9:06 pm

Scar is awesome. That is all.

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 9:55 pm

I don't have one. Ha ha.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

22 Jul 2012, 1:19 am

It's a part of a little cartoon I did almost a week ago. I have a fondness of Japanese Vocaloids. :P

premedaspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm

Mine is Paul McCartney looking adorable, as he is so good at doing. I love the Beatles, specifically Sir Paul, so I figured a picture of him would be most appropriate. I'd rather not use my face...I'm paranoid someone will "discover" me. :roll: