Does anyone here write short stories?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 3:36 am

Hmm, I write stories about the bus-drivers on my bus. I'm on my tenth book, but I can think of millions of things to write about, although to other people writing about bus-drivers is pretty hard to come up with ideas to.

DominictheStampede
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2012, 10:30 am

I write short stories. Some of them are on my deviantart page:

http://www.domsaverem.deviantart.com

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 11:11 am

I was writeing a fun little story, however I lost all my work in a computer crash, so I have to start over! I may post some short storie's on my deviant art page as well. haven't got to it yet... considering the fact that I have to redo everything.

If your interested, visit my deviant art page, I'll try to update it with one of my storys in a few days or so. maybe later today if I can.

http://revived-creator.deviantart.com/

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 2:02 pm

They just published one of my short stories on the site Darkest Before the Dawn. The story is called 'Little Hammer.' It's about an ex-detective who joins up with a museum curator to uncover a network of violent art thieves. 'Little Hammer' was intended to be a full-fledged screenplay but I converted it to a short story.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 6:41 pm

I write short stories.

JonAZ
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jul 2012, 6:54 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
My short stories are at Booksie. Some titles are "The Haunting in Belltown" and "The Candlestick Kid."

I could not find your stories. RATS. I am not very good with computers.

I love the website. The books here will probably float my boat better than the bookstore.

www.manyperceptions.org

My son has autism.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 10:45 pm

Look under Robin Ray. Thank for asking.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 9:48 pm

I'm supposed to be. Right now, though, I'm in a combination funk/with the terminal lazies. I'm hoping I can get back to pounding the keyboard soon.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

physicsnut42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2012, 11:17 am

yeah, a little. I just started getting into it. NOt sure how good they are... they might suck, for all I know.

JonAZ
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jul 2012, 2:07 pm

I will put these links to your short stories on my website.

Great stuff.

www.manyperceptions.org

My son has autism.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 4:43 pm

Many Perceptions, huh? I saw the site. Very nice and promising.

TellEmSteveDave
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jul 2012, 5:30 pm

I write short stories, music, songs, drama and poetry, I even wrote a screenplay once.

I'd like to write a novel someday but at the moment I'm just writing short stories. JD Salinger and James Joyce are my favourite authors in the short story genre! they're masters of the form.

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2012, 1:36 pm

JonAZ wrote:
Does anyone here write short stories as a hobby? I would like to read some short stories written by WP members. I am not in the mood for the sanitized and over edited stuff at the bookstore. Please reply to this post if you have something you would like to share with me. You may also send me a PM.

Thank you very much.

what about Doctor Who fanfiction? none of my original work fics are done yet except one that deals with characters from a story i haven't finished yet. i just keep on doing bits here and there, working on my fanfiction till something else gets done throgh those bits!

Although you cna read the oneshort story I have done if you like.

do you like scifi/fantasy?

ooo I like your site! The way you designed it, are you sure you aren't an aspie too? or did you say that? ;)

"What goes bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud? - - -A Time Lord committing suicide." - Graffito the Prydonian.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

03 Oct 2012, 10:53 pm

I do this too at times. But rarely will put them on a computer screen, really.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2012, 9:29 am

equestriatola wrote:
I do this too at times. But rarely will put them on a computer screen, really.

;)

I'm not sure what you're saying.

ARe oyu saying you write but don't post, or that you write but just don't care to put them where peopel can see? Or do you mena that for you it's the same thing?

;O

"What goes bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud? - - -A Time Lord committing suicide." - Graffito the Prydonian.

wcoltd
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 1:07 pm

Scribd Fate's Horizon

This is a story I wrote, hopefully you can get around the lousy writing. Read it for the concept.
The story is this.

A group of terminally ill patients undergo a procedure to preserve their body until some cure can be found. While in stasis, Bietler medical goes bankrupt after being sued under fraud allegations. The pods are preserved by the company founder on his insistence that the people inside were still alive.
More than three hundred years pass. The world is a much different place, In this new world everyone has undergone a procedure to give them a cybernetic brain. They experienced greatly improved concentration an memory, focus, comprehension, and no longer need sleep. There is a catastrophic unexplained event which causes every electronic device to shut down. The electro-stasis pods shut down, awakening their inhabitents. A few of the patients manage to survive and wake up. Everyone else is dead and they find themselves in a position where they have to repopulate earth before they die of their diseases.