Does anyone here write short stories?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2012, 9:29 am

equestriatola wrote:
I do this too at times. But rarely will put them on a computer screen, really.

;)

I'm not sure what you're saying.

ARe oyu saying you write but don't post, or that you write but just don't care to put them where peopel can see? Or do you mena that for you it's the same thing?

;O

"What goes bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud? - - -A Time Lord committing suicide." - Graffito the Prydonian.

wcoltd
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 1:07 pm

Scribd Fate's Horizon

This is a story I wrote, hopefully you can get around the lousy writing. Read it for the concept.
The story is this.

A group of terminally ill patients undergo a procedure to preserve their body until some cure can be found. While in stasis, Bietler medical goes bankrupt after being sued under fraud allegations. The pods are preserved by the company founder on his insistence that the people inside were still alive.
More than three hundred years pass. The world is a much different place, In this new world everyone has undergone a procedure to give them a cybernetic brain. They experienced greatly improved concentration an memory, focus, comprehension, and no longer need sleep. There is a catastrophic unexplained event which causes every electronic device to shut down. The electro-stasis pods shut down, awakening their inhabitents. A few of the patients manage to survive and wake up. Everyone else is dead and they find themselves in a position where they have to repopulate earth before they die of their diseases.

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Oct 2012, 1:09 pm

wcoltd wrote:
Scribd Fate's Horizon

This is a story I wrote, hopefully you can get around the lousy writing. Read it for the concept.
The story is this.

A group of terminally ill patients undergo a procedure to preserve their body until some cure can be found. While in stasis, Bietler medical goes bankrupt after being sued under fraud allegations. The pods are preserved by the company founder on his insistence that the people inside were still alive.
More than three hundred years pass. The world is a much different place, In this new world everyone has undergone a procedure to give them a cybernetic brain. They experienced greatly improved concentration an memory, focus, comprehension, and no longer need sleep. There is a catastrophic unexplained event which causes every electronic device to shut down. The electro-stasis pods shut down, awakening their inhabitents. A few of the patients manage to survive and wake up. Everyone else is dead and they find themselves in a position where they have to repopulate earth before they die of their diseases.

oo, that sounds like fun! reminds me of:
The Long ARM of Gil Hamilton + Blue Gender + Surrogates

;)

"What goes bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud? - - -A Time Lord committing suicide." - Graffito the Prydonian.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

05 Oct 2012, 5:39 pm

TARDIScompanion wrote:
equestriatola wrote:

;)

ARe oyu saying you write but don't post, or that you write but just don't care to put them where peopel can see? Or do you mena that for you it's the same thing?

;O

I generally come up with ideas, but I am saying I can be too lazy to type them up.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Oct 2012, 12:26 pm

equestriatola wrote:
TARDIScompanion wrote:
equestriatola wrote:

;)

;O

I generally come up with ideas, but I am saying I can be too lazy to type them up.

OHHH okay1

Well move your ass!! ! ;) good luck! ;)