Is it okay for a dinosaur to fall in love with a pickle?

Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Is this okay?
Yes 72%  72%  [ 18 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 25

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 11:42 am

Kinme wrote:
Image :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Image

whose face is in the pickle? just curious.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 11:48 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kinme wrote:
Image :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Image

I'd tell you but I'd have to remove you from the equation. :)

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 12:07 pm

There are a few difficulties that would arise if a dinosaur were to fall in love with a pickle. While I personally have no problem with dinosaur/pickle love and feel all saurians and preserved vegetables should be free to love whomever they choose, there is the practical problem of dinosaurs being extinct by the time anyone thought to dunk a cucumber in brine.

Now you might be thinking to yourself, well aren't modern birds really dinosaurs? Well, yes, insofar as modern birds are dinosaurs, then yes, there should be no prohibition on their love of vegetables, kosher, dill or sweet. But then we have to consider, do saurians (bird or dinosaur) have sufficient capacity to love. This is a subject I do not have enough information on to render an opinion.

Now when it comes to the purposes of love, here we might need to examine the problem in greater detail. If love is only for the purposes of encouraging procreation, then of course dinosaur/pickle love is a non-starter. They are not of the same species, let alone the same kingdom of life. Furthermore, one is extinct and the other killed by the pickling process. Death generally renders the issue of love irrelevant.

If the love that a dinosaur has for a pickle is more of a love of objects driven by the urge to acquire things, while I suppose there is no real ethical challenge that can be made, I still feel that the dinosaur might gain more satisfaction from turning it's love toward vegetables that are more likely to reciprocate its feelings; a zucchini, for example.

Now if the love under examination here is between two like minded entities who derive pleasure and a sense of emotional well being from one another, and if dinosaur/pickle love creates this happy state, then I for one wholly support it.

(Edited for accuracy)

Last edited by jagatai on 20 Jul 2012, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 12:51 pm

There's nothing wrong with a dinosaur, a pickle and even a cheese danish living together, so long as they're committed in love and each have their respective parents' full consent.

:P

The dino will most likely have quite a boner but not much of a conversationalist, lacking anything that may resemble flesh...

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:02 pm

BlueMax wrote:

The dino will most likely have quite a boner...

That's the pickle...
Also isn't it easier if the dinosaur were female?

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:46 pm

PastFixations wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

That's the pickle...

Hard to have an intimate relationship with:

Then again, if you're female... maybe not. ;)

Quantum_Immortal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2012, 2:57 pm

There is nothing wrong with this relationship. As long that they don't get physical before marriage.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 3:07 pm

BlueMax wrote:
PastFixations wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

That's the pickle...

Hard to have an intimate relationship with:

Then again, if you're female... maybe not. ;)

Remember that dinosaurs can change sex... nature finds a way.

LostNutritionGurl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2012, 3:26 pm

Kinme wrote:
HisDivineMajesty wrote:
No, because that would infer sex, and the only type of sex that is morally acceptable is in missionary position for reproductive purposes only.

You do have a point there.

Is this...sarcasm I see?

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 4:09 pm

PastFixations wrote:
When Kinme and scubasteve had problems... I didn't realise in what context.
Now I do.

Don't hate cause we're great.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 4:09 pm

LostNutritionGurl wrote:
Kinme wrote:
HisDivineMajesty wrote:
No, because that would infer sex, and the only type of sex that is morally acceptable is in missionary position for reproductive purposes only.

You do have a point there.

Is this...sarcasm I see?

I'm the epitome of sarcasm.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 4:10 pm

jagatai wrote:
There are a few difficulties that would arise if a dinosaur were to fall in love with a pickle. While I personally have no problem with dinosaur/pickle love and feel all saurians and preserved vegetables should be free to love whomever they choose, there is the practical problem of dinosaurs being extinct by the time anyone thought to dunk a cucumber in brine.

Now you might be thinking to yourself, well aren't modern birds really dinosaurs? Well, yes, insofar as modern birds are dinosaurs, then yes, there should be no prohibition on their love of vegetables, kosher, dill or sweet. But then we have to consider, do saurians (bird or dinosaur) have sufficient capacity to love. This is a subject I do not have enough information on to render an opinion.

Now when it comes to the purposes of love, here we might need to examine the problem in greater detail. If love is only for the purposes of encouraging procreation, then of course dinosaur/pickle love is a non-starter. They are not of the same species, let alone the same kingdom of life. Furthermore, one is extinct and the other killed by the pickling process. Death generally renders the issue of love irrelevant.

If the love that a dinosaur has for a pickle is more of a love of objects driven by the urge to acquire things, while I suppose there is no real ethical challenge that can be made, I still feel that the dinosaur might gain more satisfaction from turning it's love toward vegetables that are more likely to reciprocate its feelings; a zucchini, for example.

Now if the love under examination here is between two like minded entities who derive pleasure and a sense of emotional well being from one another, and if dinosaur/pickle love creates this happy state, then I for one wholly support it.

(Edited for accuracy)

This was freaking hilarious.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 4:10 pm

BlueMax wrote:
There's nothing wrong with a dinosaur, a pickle and even a cheese danish living together, so long as they're committed in love and each have their respective parents' full consent.

:P

The dino will most likely have quite a boner but not much of a conversationalist, lacking anything that may resemble flesh...

Lol!

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 4:11 pm

PastFixations wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kinme wrote:

I'd tell you but I'd have to remove you from the equation. :)

Baby, baby, baby... Ohhhh!... There's your hint.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 4:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Kinme wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I know what this Dino did with this cucumber

Meow. :nerdy: :shameonyou: :alien: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :compress: :D :) :( :o 8O :? 8) :lol: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :oops: :P :x :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :ninja: :jester: :bom: :@: :star: :skull: :nerdy: :heart: :drunken: :cheese: :eye: :cyclops: :cyclopsani: :clown: :monkey: :pig: :cheers: :pale: :pl: :pr: :silent: :tongue: :pirat: :rabbit: :afro: :scratch: :salut: :bounce: :sunny: :albino: :cherry: :flower: :farao: :jocolor: :joker: :queen: :king: :rendeer: :santa: :geek: :thumleft: :thumright: :smurfin: :smurf: :brilsmurf: :bigsmurf: :shaking: :elephant: :dwarf: :batman: :study: :spiderman: :colors: :shaking2: :rambo: :viking: :hockey: :ncool: :bball: :thumbdown: :dj: :nemo: :huh: :hic: :coffee: :chin: :eew: :money: :chef: :fish: :wall: :doh: :duh: :hail: :help: :hmph: :tired: :shrug: :lmao: :wtg:

Too many positions/facial expressions... *nods head*

Facial expressions are difficult to perfect, yes?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 4:30 pm

HisDivineMajesty wrote:

You sound just like my ex.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!