Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 12:48 pm

Well... I'm totally hyped for it.
Good news is for those that aren't up to date with the series... Resi 6 has a back story.
Good for me as I've only played the first and none after that though I have watched an LP of Resi 2... still have to watch Leon's story... plus the rest of the series.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 4:49 pm

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/resid ... ogy/102836

I love the Resident Evil series(the movies suck though)but I'm even more hyped for the game in the link I posted. I have Resident Evil 3:Nemesis but the control are so annoying so hopefully it'll be improved on Resident Evil 6 Anthology.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 3:37 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/resident-evil-6-anthology/102836

I love the Resident Evil series(the movies suck though)but I'm even more hyped for the game in the link I posted. I have Resident Evil 3:Nemesis but the control are so annoying so hopefully it'll be improved on Resident Evil 6 Anthology.

Highly doubtful, that would require remaking an old psx game. All the survival horror games prior to RE4 had similar "tank" controls. They made the games like Silent Hill and the old REs more frightening but hard to go back to after playing faster stuff.

And holy s**t I'm glad to see they are already milking pre-release gamestop exclusive dlc :roll:. I've been debating whether I'll buy this game or not, I really love all the (main) Resident Evil games from 4 and downward but 5 was very disappointing to me and I really hated the emphasis on online co-op. I appreciated certain parts of the game a lot, like the underground lab (most awesome looking boss ever) but it just didn't feel as good as RE4. Wasn't a fan of the partner system included either, I hated having to manage Sheva's ammo and items. Also I was very disappointed but the lack in enemy variety, this is Africa, why don't we get to fight zombie hyenas, elephants, lions, zebras etc. The locations weren't as good either. LOVED the Castle in RE4 and The Island was neat too.

I'll -probably- buy this.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 8:16 am

NeueZiel wrote:
xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/resident-evil-6-anthology/102836

Highly doubtful, that would require remaking an old psx game. All the survival horror games prior to RE4 had similar "tank" controls. They made the games like Silent Hill and the old REs more frightening but hard to go back to after playing faster stuff.

And holy sh** I'm glad to see they are already milking pre-release gamestop exclusive dlc :roll:. I've been debating whether I'll buy this game or not, I really love all the (main) Resident Evil games from 4 and downward but 5 was very disappointing to me and I really hated the emphasis on online co-op. I appreciated certain parts of the game a lot, like the underground lab (most awesome looking boss ever) but it just didn't feel as good as RE4. Wasn't a fan of the partner system included either, I hated having to manage Sheva's ammo and items. Also I was very disappointed but the lack in enemy variety, this is Africa, why don't we get to fight zombie hyenas, elephants, lions, zebras etc. The locations weren't as good either. LOVED the Castle in RE4 and The Island was neat too.

I'll -probably- buy this.

All 5 did was piss me off as an entire game. :evil:

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 3:17 pm

Please moar Resi 1 :(

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 3:31 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:

Its been difficult for me to accept but like oldschool pc rpgs the true survival horror genre is mostly gone. :cry:

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 4:02 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:

Its been difficult for me to accept but like oldschool pc rpgs the true survival horror genre is mostly gone. :cry:

That and the most common OS from what I recall is XP onwards which can't play Resi 1.
I hope they could take note of Silent Hill who did a HD Collection... Though personally it's very likely that Capcom won't bother. We got Resi 1 on NDS and Gamecube but nothing on 2 and 3.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 5:04 pm

PastFixations wrote:
NeueZiel wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:

That and the most common OS from what I recall is XP onwards which can't play Resi 1.
I hope they could take note of Silent Hill who did a HD Collection... Though personally it's very likely that Capcom won't bother. We got Resi 1 on NDS and Gamecube but nothing on 2 and 3.

I hope they don't, the Silent Hill HD collection was awful. Besides, you can buy RE1,RE2,RE3,RE:Code Veronica and RE4 all on the psn and they play/look identical to how they originally did, except for the last two that have been (half-assedly but w/e) upscaled to HD.

XxUnforgivenxX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jul 2012, 9:51 am

Yeah totally psyched for it as well to the point i have pre-ordered the limited collectors edition, had to pass on the new far cry and Hitman games to do it tho but ohwell. :)

Edit: been playing a little resident evil 3 actually lately im so glad i still have all my originals on psx i still enjoy them greatly