Happiness and attractiveness

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

XJ220RACER
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jul 2012, 10:09 pm

I have a pretty quick question. Do girls like guys who often appear to be in a good mood, and just a happy person in general? Is that a good way to show your self-confidence?

And by good mood, I don't mean hyper and annoying. I mean more chilled out and smiling a lot.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 10:16 pm

I think, from what I've read, heard, and seen, that a lot of girls prefer men who are "mysterious" and lacking facial expressions. A smiling, happy face is inviting and preferable to me, but a lot of the other girls and women I've known seem more interested in men with a "darker" side to them. *Shrug*

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 10:19 pm

My experience has been that the happier I am, the better women seem to respond to me.

But then, that could just be me.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

Last edited by mds_02 on 20 Jul 2012, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 10:22 pm

low energy, mellow happiness is a green light
peppy happy is too much energy for me to handle

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 10:24 pm

I like a happy guy. Especially if we are conversing. I'd be a bit put off if he didn't seem happy about the fact that we are talking to each other. In general I think it shows...maybe not self-confidence so much...but just that he is a pleasant person to be around, gets on with life without dwelling on negatives, is more open to meeting people, etc etc.

Openness really is what it is, I think. I know when I walk around with a serious expression that it must look like I am not particularly in the mood to be approached, so I don't expect others to approach me or be friendly towards me.

"Smile, and the world smiles with you."

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 10:28 pm

I think it depends on a person's facial structure, but yes. It can take a guy(or girl) up a notch. I know a guy who goes from "hmmmm :)" to "Oh. My. God." Just by smiling. I think he is an extreme example tho.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 10:35 pm

Happy is one thing, demeanor is another. I have had some women who have said to me that I was too intense for them. I cannot guarantee whether I was happy or not in these situations either.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 11:55 pm

It really depends on how dynamic or static the girl is, some people are high energy whereas others are low energy. I prefer someone that doesn't require idle conversation or small talk all of the time, someone that isn't attached and has their own self-sufficiency, someone that is emotionally dependant or constantly seeking validation may require more displays of affection or small talk so they feel attached or validated.

I have met several co-dependent women who become insecure and require emotional affection and support, it is simply something that I am not good at.

LostNutritionGurl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jul 2012, 6:19 am

I'd rather be with someone who is HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, AND ALLLL THEEEE TIMEEEEE :DDD <333

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 10:14 am

So I don't know if music is a fair example of emotional states at all, but what about, if you're me, and you listen to this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJYEtNR6y5I[/youtube]
all the time, except when you're like, sad or wanna go to bed, then you listen to this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkWjsT_SJNI[/youtube]

Does this mean I'm too happy?

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 10:41 am

metaldanielle wrote:
I think it depends on a person's facial structure, but yes. It can take a guy(or girl) up a notch. I know a guy who goes from "hmmmm :)" to "Oh. My. God." Just by smiling. I think he is an extreme example tho.

Haha... strangely I've been told similar. :lol: XD

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

jdanaya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jul 2012, 7:01 pm

I think I am to high energy for a girl then, with many seemingly prefering low energy I am hyper on the outside, I tend to be very outgoing, friendly, and such.

Palakol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jul 2012, 7:06 pm

Back in college I noted that females tend to talk to (and maybe flirt with, but I really can't tell) me a lot more when I have that "post-sex glow" or when I smell like another woman's perfume (mostly strippers'). I think women are very competitive.

XJ220RACER
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2012, 9:08 pm

Palakol wrote:
Back in college I noted that females tend to talk to (and maybe flirt with, but I really can't tell) me a lot more when I have that "post-sex glow" or when I smell like another woman's perfume (mostly strippers'). I think women are very competitive.

I know what you mean, and I have found this to be exactly the case. Get noticed by one girl and many will follow.