I was bullied, and it DID bother me/upset me 91%  91%  [ 98 ]
I wasn't bullied 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 108

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 4:32 am

Mirror21 wrote:
I did get bullied and it did bother me because both kids and adults did it to me. I have been literally stepped on, spit on, pushed, insulted, threatened, called names, had stuff ruined, etc.

I have had people jump me and cut my hair, put gum in it, give me a basket of hygiene products with the notes "shower you pig" even though I was fairly clean, just not perfumed.

I think that my school life and family life has been pretty horrific.

Yeah I was once phlegmed on by some girls from my first secondary school, when I was in P.E at my second secondary using a field next to my old school, and 2 girls who bullied me in the first school, saw me, walked past, and phlegmed in my hair.
Luckily my dad was in the allotments in another field next door, so he took me home so I could shower and then I went back to school again in the afternoon.

I never really did P.E because it meant changing. I didn't exactly have any boobs to even fill the smallest bra, and I didn't know how to approach my mum about buying bra's, so I got bullied by all the girls then spread to the boys about "Lia-no-boobs" and stuff.

I've been through all the same as you, except no-one gave me a basket of hygiene products, only just people commenting on my breath? I always brushed and used mouthwash, so if it did smell, it wasn't something I could help.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 4:36 am

felinesaresuperior wrote:
i was bullied in school, but it was a girls school and the bullying wasnt that often or that bad. i got bullied much wrose late in workplaces and had to carry a knife in my pocket.
we have the right to defend ourselves. if you start a fight without a reason you're violent, but if you fight back when bullied constantly and not left alone, you just stand up for yourself, and that's a good thing.
all aspies should learn self defense.
My secondary school is a girls school; I officially graduated about a month ago.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 4:42 am

MightyMorphin wrote:
Yeah I was once phlegmed on by some girls from my first secondary school, when I was in P.E at my second secondary using a field next to my old school, and 2 girls who bullied me in the first school, saw me, walked past, and phlegmed in my hair.
If that would've happened to me, I think I would've had a panic attack right there and then; germs and I just don't 'mix'...I'm sorry that you had to go through that- HONESTLY, some people are just disgusting. :(

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 4:46 am

KnarlyDUDE09 wrote:
MightyMorphin wrote:
If that would've happened to me, I think I would've had a panic attack right there and then; germs and I just don't 'mix'...I'm sorry that you had to go through that- HONESTLY, some people are just disgusting. :(

I honestly can't remember how I reacted :?

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 5:31 am

MightyMorphin wrote:

One time on the school bus a boy grabbed my hand and was painfully bending my fingers back. After trying multiple ways to stop him and failing I spit in his face. That worked and it got me suspended off the bus for 2 or 3 days. Later when I came back a bunch of kids tripped me and spit on me as I was getting off the bus. Of course they didn't get in any trouble at all even though the bus driver had to have noticed since it took me so long to get off the bus. That is a great example of how things were when I was a kid. Bullies never get in trouble but if you defend yourself from bullies you get in trouble.

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 5:39 am

hanyo wrote:
MightyMorphin wrote:

One time on the school bus a boy grabbed my hand and was painfully bending my fingers back. After trying multiple ways to stop him and failing I spit in his face. That worked and it got me suspended off the bus for 2 or 3 days. Later when I came back a bunch of kids tripped me and spit on me as I was getting off the bus. Of course they didn't get in any trouble at all even though the bus driver had to have noticed since it took me so long to get off the bus. That is a great example of how things were when I was a kid. Bullies never get in trouble but if you defend yourself from bullies you get in trouble.

Yeah my bullies would never get into trouble but whenever I verbally fought back, I was always the one to get in trouble. I know exactly what you mean.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 7:36 am

MightyMorphin wrote:
Yeah my bullies would never get into trouble but whenever I verbally fought back, I was always the one to get in trouble. I know exactly what you mean.

Same here. It was a combination of three things: the worst bully's father was a cop, it was easier to deal with one rather than ten and they were all convincing liars/actors. They knew how to put the 'friendly' act on when a legitimate authority figure was around. On a semi-related note, it was always interesting how I was bullied mercilessly for my clumsiness but when I once completely blew away the bullies in a competition, they acted like it never even happened.

Some of the things that were done to be are too painful to admit even in this anonymous forum. One things is for sure: I was told I should have fought back but they ignorant fools seem to forget its like taking on some US Marines. They have the numbers, the experience and the skills on their side.

Shroomy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2012, 8:46 am

MightyMorphin wrote:
Did it bother you whilst you were being bullied? Were you very upset and sometimes got very angry?

I was bullied very badly at school. I was quiet. I didn't involve myself with other kids because I didn't even know how to talk to people, and this bullying was from year 3 (age 7) until I left school at the end of year 11 (age 16) and it stressed me a lot. I got very angry that in year 6 (age 10) I was ordered by my school to have anger management classes (which didn't work) and still found myself often getting angry, especially when trying to do my work, and kids would interrupt me and take my book and pen away and such.

Into secondary school I was still walking out of class crying and screaming sometimes. I was embarrassed by it, but it bothered me more the bullying and the torture from the kids.

This is really unfair. :( Why didn't they see you were being bullied?

Joe90 wrote:
I think those ''friends'' I had were partly the reason why I've grown up into such a socially pessimistic person. Also it's partly their fault I didn't do that well in my exams.

Same here. I made some new friends in Year 9 and they turned their backs on me and when I was with them they would just suddenly run for it, away from me. I changed as a person ever since. Before this I was less shy and now I have much more trouble making friends because I'm paranoid of being what they called me and another girl: "annoying." I moved on and when I told other girls why I was crying they comforted me, but the damage is done.

Other than that, I went to a nice (girls only) school and many of the girls knew me since we started primary school, pretty much. I have never been physically bullied except for one incident (but that girl did it to everyone) and I have never received direct or harsh verbal insults, other than "annoying". However I did experience some subtle bitchiness from girls in the year above and maybe other years too, but they did not gain any respect from my peers.

One time in Year 12 I was in the locker room, sitting on the floor, calming myself down away from all the people and a Year 13 girl came in and seemed to think it was hilarious and started taking pictures of me on her camera and cackling hysterically when she left the room, where her friends were waiting for her. She kept coming back in to take more pictures of me. At the end of lunch break I was walking back to my form group classroom and I saw her showing her camera to some girls in my year. They did not have smiles on their faces. The girl's friend saw me coming their direction and signaled to her and they left. One of the girls from my year who was in the same form as me walked beside me and asked me if I was OK. The camera girl and her friends never so much as looked at me again, though.

Another time when I was in university and living in one of the colleges (all girls again), there was a party going on but I stayed in my room the whole time. I heard some girls outside my door laughing and I could hear they were doing something to my door. I didn't go out to investigate until a long while later but I saw they had written "I love you" with a big heart in colourful pens on my door. A few weeks later I was in my room and I heard them removing it and rubbing it but I stopped what I was doing and pretended not to be inside. I really don't know if they were making fun of me or not. I know who they were cos I recognised their voices, but they were girls I hardly ever spoke to. To this day I'm still confused about that.

Some people here have endured some hard times. I hate bullying. :(

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jul 2012, 9:42 am

I was insulted, spat on, had gum stuck in my hair, half-eaten fruit thrown/kicked at me, punched/slapped, my belongings stolen/defaced, cigarette smoke blown in my face, jumped on by people and made to fall to the ground, a golf ball thrown at my head, scratched across the face by a girl with sharp nails, seats kicked out from under me...

I just got used to it, because it happened all the time, so I thought it was normal. Sometimes it would get too much for me and I'd cry, but I never really told my family or anyone.

I wouldn't want that kinda stuff to happen to anyone else.

LongLostSelf
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2012, 11:12 am

Strangely enough I wasn't really bullied at school. I had a couple friends and was actually quite popular with the ladies :). It wasn't until I left school when I first encountered bullying. Some cases very badly which has led to my chronic social anxiety. I'm haunted everyday by bullying episodes in my adult life

Kenjitsuka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2012, 12:08 pm

Was bullied extensively.
Always fought back with yelling curses back or even beating them up if they tried to hit me physically.

That said, the ones that just made mean remarks, lied about me and laughed at me I had zero defense against and that hurt a f****ton...

The Broad Autism Phenotype Test: You scored 132 aloof, 126 rigid and 132 pragmatic. IQ: 139. AQ: 45/50

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 2:27 pm

I have to admit school was hell for me and got bullied a lot but became very aggressive because teachers never listened what i had to say and they always say your making it up.

forcedmeme
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jul 2012, 4:02 pm

I was bullied by a few people at school.

One guy, a foot and a bit higher and about twice my weight would push me about the place, nothing serious but annoying. I kicked him in the butt and he stopped.

A guy in my class would kick me in the groin at every opportunity. I once staggered away from it and another pupil bulldogged me on to the floor.

Another would call me names and fain punches. He would make stupid remarks about my teeth, they were crocked however his weren't exactly perfect.

I have psoriasis and my scalp was bad at times so I'd have so many flakes my clothes would look like a winter wonderland. So some of the my peers would try to wind me up about it. It was made worse since our uniform was black and purple so let the flakes stand out more.

Mind you a lot of my friends were treated a lot worse than me. As they were into metal and wore Gothic or alternative clothes (basically non label baggy jeans and hoodies) they would be punched, kicked, thrown through windows etc on an almost daily basis. Thank God for the common room in 6th year.

Teachers were great about my problems as well as other pupils, however since the numbers bullies against my friends were too many they couldn't do anything (not enough evidence) against them, however some teachers would allow them into they classroom at breaks.

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jul 2012, 4:08 pm

I saw a documentary about autism recently. A guy was always bullied in school, yet whenever HE retaliated and defended himself HE'D be the one getting told off and not the bullies. Totally wrong! It's almost as if teachers don't want the hassle of dealing with real bullies and just make the other kids sit back and take it.

Didgeeeee
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jul 2012, 4:13 pm

I quit school in grade 11, because of bullying. The experience was humiliating and traumatic. The effects still persist, seventeen years later. I never understood why I was a target, since I never did anything to provoke anyone.

Bullying by girls was a lot worse than boys. The girls were much more vicious, because of their communication style. They tended to be more subtle and dishonest. (Their nonverbal communication style perplexes me a lot more than the male type. Not exactly autism friendly!) Gossip seemed to be their weapon of choice, and the content (usu. boys and sex) was often inane and fallacious. They all thought they were experienced adults. Hilarious.

Now, I am very cautious around women. The behaviour of my own gender tends to repulse me.

Some people are not made for the traditional education system.

Somberlain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2012, 5:36 pm

There are many bullying stories in my pocket, however this was the worst:

I was bullied by my *dear* classmates in high school. The teacher asked me a question so I stood up. While I was trying to answer, they started throwing objects to me (I cannot understand this behavior: Why?). One orange (yes, orange) bounced from the wall and hit my head. That orange triggered a meltdown, as expected. I lost my control and started to swear everyone in the classroom. My *dear* teacher was indifferent. She just told me to sit down. It was very embarrassing.

Nowadays those bullies seem as model citizens and words cannot express my anger. So yes: I was bullied and it DID bother me.

I really feel sorry for other bullying victims. I hope you will not encounter bullies again.

English is not my native language. 1000th edit, here I come.

Last edited by Somberlain on 22 Jul 2012, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.