Males: do you consider yourself physically attractive?

Page 17 of 18 [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 9:45 am

Are you sure that's accurate?

At 174cm and 80kg with a 82cm waist it says I'm 14%.

I certainly don't look bloody 14%. I have a small pot belly rather than abs. I think I'm at least 18%.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 5:07 pm

Not at all.

Although I have been making an effort to lose weight, it is not to impress my girlfriend but rather to keep a certain level of self-esteem as suggested by my therapist.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 11:01 am

I don't know. If I am physically attractive, I don't always see it and it has not meant that anyone has unquestionably shown romantic interest in me.

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Nov 2017, 12:38 pm

I find myself very attractive. A lot of the women who have shown interest in me in the past have told me I'm very handsome.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 6:11 pm

I objectively know as much, probably an 8/10 if just on the looks scale, but I typically don't get too excited about it because I know the limitations of that.

I'm much more interested in figuring out how to readjust my day-to-day orientation to life and people, because I think that puts up more walls than anything and it has perhaps less to do even with other people not accepting me (which is decreasingly the case with each passing year) and more to do with other people's lives and ways of doing things depressing me - ie. women are probably much more often interested in me than I am in them. Hopefully one of these days I'll have better luck with myself!

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 6:21 pm

I imagine I’m probably a 0/10
What’s it like to be attractive to women?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 6:33 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I objectively know as much, probably an 8/10 if just on the looks scale, but I typically don't get too excited about it because I know the limitations of that.

I'm much more interested in figuring out how to readjust my day-to-day orientation to life and people, because I think that puts up more walls than anything and it has perhaps less to do even with other people not accepting me (which is decreasingly the case with each passing year) and more to do with other people's lives and ways of doing things depressing me - ie. women are probably much more often interested in me than I am in them. Hopefully one of these days I'll have better luck with myself!

Why aren't you interested in those women? I can't remember remotely what you look like, except I saw a photo of you years ago and remember thinking at the time you were very handsome.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 6:34 pm

I consider myself to be average looking these days but I attract certain types of girls/women.
I suppose it's possible to be attractive in that way.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 7:39 pm

smudge wrote:
Why aren't you interested in those women? I can't remember remotely what you look like, except I saw a photo of you years ago and remember thinking at the time you were very handsome.

I should somewhat careful and say that it's not like it's often where someone is real obvious about it, even when they do show it there really isn't a way to do anything with that attention aside from accept it as a sign of approval (of sorts).

The problem I found I was in, from my early 20's onward really, was one of having a personality that's compatible with just about no one. A lot of what really interests most people, or makes other people interesting to them, makes me miserably depressed - whether it's watching TV for entertainment, watching sports often enough to really know what's happening, or a lot of other things along those lines. I also get the impression that the same goes the other way around for a lot of things that really inspire me or make me feel great about being alive when I'm able to partake in them. The other crusher - meeting some people occasionally who are into similar things but who I can't get physically attracted to for the life of me (usually someone who I'd already have a lot of respect for and the last thing I'd want to do is hurt them for reasons that shallow), and then when I do meet someone who both has those interests and is attracted - they're either taken or every other guy remotely like me is all over it and outmaneuvering me on the lack of PDD-NOS part.

As I get older I'm really thinking this won't hold permanently - ie. I'm getting more mellow, the range of people I could see myself with is broadening, even if in tiny increments, and the women I see around me in their 30's are noticeably less dogmatic about social conformity for it's own sake than they were in their 20's. Still, running into much of anyone who both I'd want something to do with and who'd want something to do with me seems a bit like long odds. True, those odds are a lot better now I think than they were at at age 20 or 25 but I'd still consider that process really in the hands of chance and even there - if I were try to assign a probability of having anything happen in the next couple years I'd only put it at maybe 20%.

People can talk about 'hustling' but - you have to actually want that, and the times I did try dating sites - even when I got plenty of one-off dates, I didn't like it. I found that more often than note (my late 20's) that it was no one I was attracted enough to, or they really didn't read my profile and so had nothing to spin up a common buzz with, and I was almost always the one to decide not to keep it going.

Sorry if that was a lot of text. It's complicated, and I suppose I walked away from it for most of the last 10 years because it felt like a herculean task of the sort where the effort itself was killing my desire for the end result.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 10:50 pm

sly279 wrote:

a double-edged sword. I knew a few virile handsome fellow GIs in the army with me, who were having women throw themselves at them, and more than a few got stung with paternity.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 10:58 pm

Lol,

Back when my roommate was big on heading out on his sportbike and had a bunch of riding buddies he had a guy in his group with like six kids by five women and was penning checks for all of them. Talk about writer's cramp...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 11:03 pm

hope that tingle was worth all that money.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 11:18 pm

Apparently responsibility's what makes an adult. He clearly reaped an abundance in that regard.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 12:45 am

auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:

a double-edged sword. I knew a few virile handsome fellow GIs in the army with me, who were having women throw themselves at them, and more than a few got stung with paternity.

So not only did they have women throwing themselves at them but they also got to have a family :( I’ll never be loved or have a family

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 12:55 am

sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:

So not only did they have women throwing themselves at them but they also got to have a family :( I’ll never be loved or have a family

you can trust me on this, you would NOT want or value a family based on those circumstances [paying out most of his salary for kids he likely wasn't even permitted to visit].

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 1:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:

you can trust me on this, you would NOT want or value a family based on those circumstances [paying out most of his salary for kids he likely wasn't even permitted to visit].

Why wasn’t he premitted to visit?
I’d only sleep with one woman.