Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Syalbar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2012, 9:32 pm

Hi,

I’ve been invited to a boxing match next week.

Generally, when I think of boxing, I think of Rocky and Apollo, but obviously this is real life; no ‘Eye of the Tiger’, or crowds that are completely neutral to your sex and status.

I’m excited about going, but I’m scared of what might happen. It’s a prejudice in my mind – that the sort of people who’ll be going will be the sort that looks for any excuse for a fight; and pester you because you’re a woman.
There’ll be a group of us going, but I hardly know anyone, and truth be told I’m just feeling a bit frightened of it all, and I know that I’ll be mute (unless I pre-load).

There’ll be alcohol and stalls on the premise during which I’ll go to, but, otherwise…

What do you guys think? Is there a certain way I should act at this, or is it just a free-flowing thing?

Rebel_Nowe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 9:49 pm

1) I advise having a few drinks yourself. This will help you relax, which will help you stick to step 2:

2) If anyone pesters you, tell them off with total disregard for feelings or what is socially appropriate. As a woman who enjoys such a male spectacle sport, you have the power to demand a degree of respect. If you play your cards right, really enjoying a boxing match and some beer could net you a small harem of men on your terms. You hold the cards in this situation.