Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Cfroi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2012, 10:44 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
I actually make mental notes before engaging in conversation. For example, if I know that I am going to encounter a certain person I will think about what they have said to me in the past and make a point of bringing up topics they have brought up before. Like if the last time I saw them they said they were going on a trip, I will remind myself to ask them about it. It sounds very mechanical and unnatural, but it works.

I find your suggestion very useful. People with slow response like me always have to "think" a lot before and after any social encounter. But I just haven't write it down. will try :)

Danimal
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jul 2012, 3:35 am

I have some automatic responses to certain questions. If someone asks "How are you?". my response is always "fine". I think all the questions are stupid, but the NT's don't think so. I have to think about my responses, so I don't really like long conversations and rarely initiate one.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 6:32 pm

Do you guys have that too, that you just don't know what to say in a conversation? I have it so many times.
Sometimes it seems to me that some people can just go on forever about anything. And i'm just like: ! !!??
I like silences/pauses in conversations.