Man of Steel,The Dark Knight Rises(spoilers),and a JLA Movie

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 8:27 am

WARNING: Dark Knight Rises spoilers below!

After the success of The Avengers, WB/DC revived the idea of a JLA movie.

Many people said this could not be done without MANY introduction movies (like Marvel did) and a completely new version of Batman because Nolan’s Dark Knight was too realistic for JLA.
After hearing about and seeing the comic-con footage for Man of Steel, I wonder…

From IGN:

Quote:
The trailer has a sort of Batman Begins vibe to it, a heightened sense of reality that allows the fantastical elements to really stand out.
The trailer began with an almost Tree of Life-style series of shots: grass, an overturned toy wagon, a farmhouse. We see Clark with a bag over his shoulder walking towards the wilderness (it had a First Blood feel to it). There's dialogue from Cavill's Clark Kent, Russell Crowe's Jor-El, and Kevin Costner's Pa Kent that recall the fear of human beings to what they don't understand. We see how the world would really react to a superhuman alien revealing himself to the world. There's a quick series of shots of Jor-El, Amy Adams' Lois Lane kissing Superman, and Michael Shannon's General Zod (not that Snyder would confirm that).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlbzhYmH4as[/youtube]

I think this version of Superman could exist in the Dark Knight’s universe.
I think they could pull off a JLA or at least a World’s Finest (Batman/Superman) movie if Man of Steel does well. I think they could even use the movie to introduce John Blake as the new Batman.

So, am I just fan wanking too hard?
Anybody else think they could get to a JLA movie this way?

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 12:23 pm

I think they could make JLA work :)
Batman could come out of retirement, Blake could become Nightwing after filling in for Batman.
This Man of Steel does have some assistance from Nolan, btw, so it could work in that respect.
But who else could they introduce? Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern (Ryan Renolds as Hal Jordan) and Hawk Girl seem quite plausible.