have you ever enjoyed a show intended for the other gender?

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 11:12 am

it's some I need to admit, as much as I love shows meant for guys,(and I am a guy)
I used to watch certain shows meant for girls, mostly a couple of anime shows, and I will admit that I still like those shows. even though I have not watch them since many years ago...

so my question is... how many poeple with aspergers/autism have enjoyed a show/any show that was intended for the opposite gender?

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 11:18 am

My girlfriend used to watch Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. I started watching them because of her. I liked them. After we broke up, I lost interest in them.

lexicon2600
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jul 2012, 11:53 am

I love the movie "Under The Tuscan Sun," which I think was directed at women. The escapism and rebirth aspect appeals to me.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 12:43 pm

yeah, i am a bit obsessed with the Bourne series. also Training Day. both of these seem to feature characters with growing self-awareness when faced with adversity. life challenges their morals and ethics, and they have to reassess their direction. or something like that.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 12:44 pm

I probably have but I can't really think of any examples.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 12:49 pm

I was kinda hooked on Top Gear for a while. I really like the--um, I keep wanting to call it photography, but that's not right... Is it cinematography? Well, whatever. You'd think being in television myself, I'd know what to call it. :roll:

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 12:55 pm

Documentaries of big constructions like bridges and buildings and action movies like Die Hard.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 12:56 pm

I've watched a number of shows on the Spike Channel such as Deadliest Warrior, World's Worst Tenants and even Repo Games, although I've gotten really disgusted with Repo Games lately because almost every woman on the show now seems to be a stripper.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 1:41 pm

A couple of episodes of Desperate Housewives and Cougar Town. Housewives and cougars... 8)

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

I hear Charmed is supposed to be targeted at women, but I know a lot of guys who loved it.

There was a point in the history of Dutch television (around 1998-ish), when commercial TV stations branched out into profiling themselves as 'men's channels' and 'women's channels', primarily RTL 4 (women) and RTL 5 (men) from the RTL group, and SBS 6 (men) and Net 5 (women) from the SBS media group. Guess which TV channels I ended up liking the most? The women's channels. They had better drama, more intelligent talk shows, and nice game shows. Now, that's changed, and commercial 'women's channels' mainly air dumb shows about fashion, lifestyle, and gossip, while commercial men's channels air equally dumb shows about cars, sex, and cops.
So now, I mostly watch the public TV channels when I watch at all. :D

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 2:57 pm

CyclopsSummers wrote:
I hear Charmed is supposed to be targeted at women, but I know a lot of guys who loved it.

There was a point in the history of Dutch television (around 1998-ish), when commercial TV stations branched out into profiling themselves as 'men's channels' and 'women's channels', primarily RTL 4 (women) and RTL 5 (men) from the RTL group, and SBS 6 (men) and Net 5 (women) from the SBS media group. Guess which TV channels I ended up liking the most? The women's channels. They had better drama, more intelligent talk shows, and nice game shows. Now, that's changed, and commercial 'women's channels' mainly air dumb shows about fashion, lifestyle, and gossip, while commercial men's channels air equally dumb shows about cars, sex, and cops.
So now, I mostly watch the public TV channels when I watch at all. :D

My husband used to watch Charmed. I used to tease him that his "sexy witch show" was on.
You know how movies about relationships and stuff like that are called "chick" flicks? I think movies with lots of fighting, explosions, and car chases ought to be called "dick" flicks.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 4:04 pm

Sabrina the Teenage Witch - They've currently been rerunning this show on a channel called Popgirl unfortunatly. I use to watch this show on CITV in the late 90's and early 2000's and while technically a girl's show it was really good. I love the cat, he's my favourite.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 12:38 am

I like watching MANswers because of the interesting trivia and juvenile humor. I also used to be completely obsessed with the anime/manga/OVA series Hellsing, which is classified as a seinen ("young man's") series.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 1:51 am

Does Fullmetal Alchemist count? I usually hate shows that are intended for women, but I can't think of any (entirely meant for men) that I like. I would think the makers of these shows would try to attract a bigger audience...

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 4:13 am

I like the musical Wicked. That is directed to women.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 11:35 am

Usually most movies and t.v shows are likely for the opposite gender...but I don't think it really matters I just find girly shows/movies kind of boring since I don't relate to any of that stuff. Some comedies more directed at females are ok, but only if they are especially funny.