The worst thing a bully has done to you

Page 1 of 27 [ 418 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next

NatureLover
Raven
Raven

26 Jul 2012, 7:21 pm

I know people say that the past has to be forgotten so you can move on, but this doesn't go with me. I've been easily bullied and never understood why until now that I realize that I have acted unusual without even knowing it. I've been called names like "weird" "rare" "nerd" and "ret*d" and I now realize that it could be Aspergers. I remember in fourth grade all the kids picked on me, even the teacher. I remember all the girls taking me to the girl's room to make fun of me. I still was bullied in high school, but only verbally.

Tell me what's the worst a bully has done to you? Do those memories still haunt you, or is it just me?

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 7:28 pm

Hmm think one of the worst was being locked to metal bar with handcuffs and left standing without pants. Just in underwear.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 7:31 pm

Well... let's just say it qualified as sexual harassment and leave it at that. :oops:

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 7:34 pm

I was attacked with a bat once. (I stepped into the swing and disarmed said individual with a throw and threw the bat away. Go-go martial arts training.)

It wasn't as annoying as the constant droning of verbal abuse though.

Leafpool
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jul 2012, 7:42 pm

For me it was mostly verbal abuse with some minor physical attacks. There was no serious physical harm but for me it was the humiliation of it all that hurt more than anything.

It's not just you haunted by these memories. School bullying is what caused my PTSD, and no other traumatic event in my life has even come close to being as bad as those events. I've had things like abusive parents and an attempt on my life and those events seem pleasant in comparison. My therapists all thought I was crazy when I described how unaffected I was by someone breaking into my house and trying to kill me yet I'm so haunted by bullying. I think and dream of nothing else. More than anything, I long to get back at those demons who made my life hell.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 7:42 pm

That's hard to choose,I'll just make a list:
Hit me with fists
Pelted me with hickory nuts
Marked all over the back of my new school coat with permanent marker
Stole my art,broke my art
Stole my school lunch
Called me names such as fathead,fatso.pinnochio(I have a pointy nose)
Stole my school work
Stole my clothes,books,personal items,jewelry
Made fun of my braces and clothes
Even though I was picked on constantly I never thought of hurting them,I only wished they would stop.I never figured out why people are mean to someone who has never harmed them

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 7:43 pm

Once four bullies cornered me at a water fountain held me still pulled down my pants and each spit water into them then haphazardly pulled them up and started yelling haha she peed her pants and pointing me our to other kids in the hall. But ya as someone else said, the constant verbal abuse and tricking me (exploiting my naivete) was more annoying.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 7:58 pm

I guess I was lucky. I only ever suffered from verbal bullying and being excluded from lunch tables, and even then, it was mild compared to what some of you guys experienced. Still, it felt really s****y. Luckily, I'm not traumatized by it, however I'm sure it had(and still has) a big negative impact on my attitude and confidence.

I wish I could say something to comfort those of you who are still haunted by those memories, but I'm not good at that kind of thing. :?

Jasmine90
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2012, 8:07 pm

I wasn't physically picked on that much, since I was always quite tall for my age when I was at school. Some kids would shove me, though, and throw basketballs/ softballs (which aren't at all soft) at my head during recess. Girls would come into the bathroom and shove open the door (the doors didn't lock) while I was on the toilet.
They used to start rumours about me, things like how I never showered or shaved my legs, because I once told someone that lice don't like dirty hair, or something.

Some teachers were just as bad, always screaming at me and treating me like an imbecile, whereas they would treat all the other students as though they were all perfectly normal.

I was always teased for wearing track pants instead of a kilt, though that stopped after the woodwork teacher was done for predatory behaviour (he would get all the girls to sit on the benches after class, walk around and pretend to drop something/ inspect the floor so he could look up their kilts).

The most humiliating time was when a group of girls wrote a bunch of erotic stories and signed them with my name, then left them somewhere for someone to find.

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 8:10 pm

Well I was beaten with a bat (not horribly, just a couple whacks to the trunk) and crammed into a tuba locker... I was sexually assaulted multiple times... crammed into a waste basket... but oddly those don't bother me.

The one that bothers me was when someone "faked" a note from a boy I liked and put it in my locker. It said yadda yadda I like you, meet me behind the bleachers after school... Honestly nothing horrible happened thankfully but it was more the fact that my hopes "Got up" that someone might like me only to have them dashed with the empty void behind the bleachers... getting beat up etc.. I KNEW where I stood. Plain as day. No question. That note? Stuck with me for a long time.

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 8:15 pm

I can't pinpoint any one event and say "that's the worst one." It wasn't about the discrete events. It wasn't the spitballs, and it wasn't the names, and it wasn't lifting my skirt with a meter-stick and laughing at my underwear, and it wasn't the exclusion from games, clubs and events. It was the soul-crushing relentlessness. It didn't matter what I did, or how badly they hurt me. No one ever seemed to think the job was done, and they just kept hurting me in every possible way. It just never stopped.

salem44dream
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 8:46 pm

My worst event was that in elementary school the neighborhood boys tied me up to a tree, put paper around my feet, and tried to light a match. My brother ran in and told my mother and she came out just in time.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Jul 2012, 9:04 pm

Pushed me into a wall and broke my sternum (7th grade).

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2012, 9:09 pm

The worst thing a bully did to me was pull a knife on me and threaten to rape me in my Maths class in year 10 and I had to watch two of my friends get beaten up so they could not help me and the rest of the class banging on the table saying rape her, rape her, rape her.

To have the neighhbour across the road from me the mother in her late 40s early 50s say to everyone in my neighbourhood that I had died from a drug overdose in the gutter and they had a party to celebrate that I was dead until I turned up at there party to say I was not dead they took one look at me and packed up the party and went home.

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2012, 9:16 pm

stole my coat, and tried to "pants" me in Phys Ed class

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 9:27 pm

I don't even want to talk about it as it's too painful but the worst I'm willing to talk about was when the school nerd and 'ally' decided to join the bullying herd and drop kicked me from behind into a locker with no warning whatsoever. I ended up with a nasty concussion. Again, the physical attacks were the easy part: the psychological torture and continuous exclusion was much worse!