Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Metaljordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2012, 5:56 pm

I have been thinking about getting it, any thoughts and opinions on the game?

I am surprised

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 6:15 pm

I played through the entire Mega Man X collection in order a few years back, and then I played through X7 and X8. This was on a backwards compatible PS3. I think you should get the PS2 version of this game if possible. It's a great game collection, but be warned that the last boss is extremely hard in several of them.

By the way I've also played through the "Mega Man Anniversary Collection" and "Mega Man Zero Collection". Have you ever played either of those?

Metaljordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2012, 6:59 pm

the only megaman games i played are the battle network games, and X1-3 on an emulator.

I also want the zero collection

I am surprised

Last edited by Metaljordy on 28 Jul 2012, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 7:17 pm

The X collection is awesome, but in my opinion, the first 3 games are by far the best in the X series, though the others are still worth playing. And since you've played those... well, I'll let you make the call.

Never played the Zero series, but I've heard great things about it. I really want to get the Zero collection.

RadicalDreamers
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 7:31 pm

Great series of games which brings back many good memories, and as always the soundtracks were really good as well.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm

X4 is freakin awesome, one of the best X games ever. X5 ..less so but its still a good game. X6 is rather disappointing but like X5 it at least has some good music.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7-KGcOYpt4[/youtube]

schizoid26
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2012, 2:21 am

Can't beat Sigma and his dog in 1, but I played 2 and 3 on Nintendo as well. Megaman X is so much better than the corny other one with Wily.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 7:11 am

"Mega Man X:Command Mission" is a great RPG too in my opinion. I wish that Capcom would make another RPG in the Mega Man universe.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 4:30 pm

If you're a purist, stay away from it. I'm half joking. :P I'm not a purist myself, but tons of people complained because Capcom used the PC version of MMX3 in the collection, which has the remixed soundtrack. And also because they changed ONE word in the beginning of X1.

IMO, X1-X4 are great. X5 is iffy, X6 is also iffy and probably the hardest game in the series next to 3. X6 also suffers from bad level design, especially on Gate's stage. If you'd like me to elaborate more later, I can.

It also includes Mega Man Battle & Chase, a kart racer with a bunch of characters from the original MM series. This is the first time it became available in the US; Capcom ran ads for the game in 1997, but Sony pulled the plug on the game because they didn't want to be compared to Nintendo, who had just released Mario Kart 64 a few months before. Interestingly they used the PAL version of the game. It's a good kart game, you can steal weapons from the other racers, and there's a few tracks to play.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 4:39 pm

My favorites were X1, X2 and X4. X3 was really good and had some great music but I just don't think it was cool as the first two. Zero felt really clunky to use even if he was optional. X5 was a game I loved a lot when I was younger but its just not as good as X4 which is AMAZING. X5 felt kind of clunky in some ways but it was cool how you could effect your game based on how long you took. The music is nice but again not as good as X4, which I'm biased toward. Also,all the mavericks are pitifully easy I can beat all of them without special weapons for the most part..BUT the final stages are pretty damn hard and shadow devil made me ragequit several times. Last fight wasn't quite as cool as the showdown in X4 and the other games.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 5:14 pm

Hasn't anyone else here played through Mega Man X7 and X8 for PS2? I've also played through all 11 games from the classic Mega Man series including "Mega Man and Bass" for the GBA. It takes place between Mega Man 8 and 9.

By the way that was funny how the X5 robot bosses were named after members of the rock band "Guns n Roses". lol

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2012, 5:55 pm

You could also give the Maverick Hunter remake for PSP a try. It also allows you to play as Vile, which is silly, but quite fun.

There's also the remake of the first game, MegaMan Powered Up. On the hardest difficulty, that game can make you rage quit many times, especially when playing as some of the weaker-to-use Robot Masters. Poor Fireman never gets a break...

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 2:26 pm

@Venger: I've played and owned literally every Mega Man game except the cell phone stuff. :)

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 2:50 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
@Venger: I've played and owned literally every Mega Man game except the cell phone stuff. :)

Even the five Mega Man games for the old b/w Gameboy system? I've only played through the first one "Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge" on the Nintendo 3DS virtual console. Hopefully the other four will be put in the 3DS e-shop and I can play those too.

Metaljordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2012, 9:52 pm

ZpykeEboto wrote:
You could also give the Maverick Hunter remake for PSP a try. It also allows you to play as Vile, which is silly, but quite fun.

There's also the remake of the first game, MegaMan Powered Up. On the hardest difficulty, that game can make you rage quit many times, especially when playing as some of the weaker-to-use Robot Masters. Poor Fireman never gets a break...

my psp is broken ToT

now, I have to find the collection somewhere in stores, hmmmmmmmmmm

I am surprised

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2012, 11:52 pm

Metaljordy wrote:
ZpykeEboto wrote:

my psp is broken ToT

now, I have to find the collection somewhere in stores, hmmmmmmmmmm

That sounds like a valid excuse to upgrade to a newer PSP model. ;)

And get the MM games. They're great. Powered Up truly is a masterpiece in nostalgia, gameplay and hair-pulling-rage-quitting-difficulty (On the harder difficulties, and with some of the unlock-able characters.).