Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 12:31 am

Does anyone else give off the wrong signals that people think you trust people more then you actually do because you don't regulate very well how much to reveal about yourself? When I socialize with people, I end up telling them too much about my life sometimes and it makes it seem like I trust them when I don't? There was literally a few times, I practically caught myself in the mist of saying something that headed off in a direction of me being too revealing in my emotions about a topic. See, I was trying to keep it more cut and dry opinion based but too much emotion spilled out which made the situation awkward.

KaminariNoKage
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jul 2012, 1:36 am

I would not know of the emotional aspect, but yes, that happens to me a lot.

It is not so much trust as it is my tendency to be as accurate, clear, and honest as possible. If people ask, I tell them. It is as simple as that. I was once outright told I should lie on interviews because it would "cost me the job" it can get so bad(which does not make sense because why would I want a job I had to lie to get - never have fyi). There are people I have known longer though that I have to be more cautious about - kind of like distrust as opposed to no opinion at all. It greatly helps to have predetermined boundaries for what you will not say.

Cogs
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 3:54 am

KaminariNoKage wrote:
It is not so much trust as it is my tendency to be as accurate, clear, and honest as possible. If people ask, I tell them. It is as simple as that... There are people I have known longer though that I have to be more cautious about - kind of like distrust as opposed to no opinion at all. It greatly helps to have predetermined boundaries for what you will not say.

^ yep, each person in my life has a certain amount I am comfortable with them knowing about me, and when I am around them I filter what I say to keep what they know within those boundaries.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 1:24 am

Cogs wrote:
KaminariNoKage wrote:
It is not so much trust as it is my tendency to be as accurate, clear, and honest as possible. If people ask, I tell them. It is as simple as that... There are people I have known longer though that I have to be more cautious about - kind of like distrust as opposed to no opinion at all. It greatly helps to have predetermined boundaries for what you will not say.

^ yep, each person in my life has a certain amount I am comfortable with them knowing about me, and when I am around them I filter what I say to keep what they know within those boundaries.[/quote

Thats typically what NTs do. Im just saying, I have trouble knowing whats ok to say to someone and what isnt and how much to reveal. So sometimes, people think I trust them way more then i actually do and that sometimes leads to problems.