Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jul 2012, 6:42 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I usually go ''ow'' when bumping into something.

So do I even if it didn't hurt much. Just a habit I suppose and auto pilot because you are supposed to say it.

I had to learn to do that, even now I forget. I do know I had it from childhood as I an infection at 4 where I the pain should have made it impossible to stand, the day before I'd walked 10 miles on it. Was only took to the docs as I was limping (first time my grandad ever saw me limp).

Mom of Peanut - That's just like my 4 year old god daughter, she's tougher than her older brother. Ignores big injuries but loves attention seeking with the little ones.

Your Aspie score: 139 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 68 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Valkyrie2012
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2012, 8:45 pm

@ Mummy_of_Peanut - I don't think she is over reacting... I do the same - when I think of the sore I can logically say it is just a scrape/cut etc... but then every time I see it or touch it it seems to amplify in a type of pain I can't ignore... Even if it doesn't "really hurt" my brain won't let go of it... so if I don't see it (like put a band-aide) I can get along better... maybe that is the case for your daughter... Little cuts and scrapes I am very wimpy.. big things... are tolerated pretty well for the most part.

Menstrual cycles are the dread of my life... It is truly the most painful thing of all. Especially as the cramps are unusual and I feel them down the entire backs of my legs. Just horrid. Debilitating.

Last edited by Valkyrie2012 on 30 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 9:07 am

Why do you think I went so long before going to the ER and finding out I was full of gallbladder stones? I've always had GI issues, so I'm pretty used to abdominal pain, even though it can get pretty bad. Although I can stand this type of pain, I just can't stand minor pain like when I get a shot, they draw blood, or they put IV in me.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 9:47 am

League_Girl wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I usually go ''ow'' when bumping into something.

So do I even if it didn't hurt much. Just a habit I suppose and auto pilot because you are supposed to say it.

some people say it strikes them as sarcastic when i "ow" on autopilot, might be the inflection.

as others have stated it seems there is a threshold under which the pain takes second place to already occuring thought patterns.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.