Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 7:50 pm

Hey, I just read some posts in PPR, and it seems many in here are gun nuts. Does this mean autism is linked to being a gun nut?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 7:56 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Hey, I just read some posts in PPR, and it seems many in here are gun nuts. Does this mean autism is linked to being a gun nut?

:roll: :roll:
People with AS tend to have obsessive hobbies and mine is and has always been guns.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 8:01 pm

Is it a crime to have an interest in guns? I think not. My two other obsessions are politics and computers. Are those things evil?

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 8:19 pm

I do not know if Autism is linked to being a gun nut, but my Aspie husband loves guns and shooting. He says because he is good at it. He does not own a gun because I there cannot be a gun in the place I live. That much I dislike guns.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 8:37 pm

PM wrote:
Is it a crime to have an interest in guns? I think not. My two other obsessions are politics and computers. Are those things evil?

I think they are.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 9:12 pm

edgewaters wrote:
PM wrote:

I think they are.

Politics, yes. Computers, depends. If you're trying to program Skynet then yeah, probably.

I'm a bit of a marksman myself. My uncle is teaching me stuff from the curriculum at his self-defensive pistol/hangun training school. He told me once that I was a natural when it came to shooting, because the first time I ever held a gun and shot it, it took me 5 minutes to start nailing bullseyes on a consistent basis. A talent I never knew I had, and one that I hope will come in handy for protecting myself and my friends and family (and especially Kyuuchan) in the future.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 1:04 am

@ Vex, OP: I'm a terrible judge of character, and tend to distrust others to some extent because of this (also, bullying); if these characteristics can be extrapolated out to Aspies as a whole, there might be some relationship.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 6:04 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
it took me 5 minutes to start nailing bullseyes on a consistent basis. A talent I never knew I had, and one that I hope will come in handy

I should hope not, if I were you.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 9:07 am

I hate guns, but I've sometimes thought about taking up archery.
Bows don't accidently go off.

Redshirt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jul 2012, 10:40 am

Guns don't accidentally go off if you're responsible with them.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 10:46 am

YippySkippy wrote:
I hate guns, but I've sometimes thought about taking up archery.
Bows don't accidently go off.

Do you know what William Tell really did to his son?

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 12:08 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:

It seems that the opposite is true.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 12:26 pm

Hmm, how many gun nuts would you really say there are on WP? Me, Browning, Raptor, Ace, I think those are the most PPR active ones, outside PPR I think Dillogic, Velodog(doesn't post much anymore), and... Well, I don't get out of PPR much, so there might be a few more I'm not thinking of. That's not a whole lot, we just post a LOT when a gun incident makes the news and people are talking out of their asses.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 1:15 pm

If anything, I think we tend to be anti-gun since it is sounds better on paper.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

PM wrote:
I never said anything were evil.

I thought that in English the word nut is morally-neutral. Like, when I say I am a LEGO nut (I am) . But if the word is offensive. Please pretend I said "loves guns".

And this thread is mostly a rant against this kind of threads . I've seen many X in PPR, I bet X is related to autism!

UnBored
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2012, 1:56 pm

Guns are interesting in a way, just i have no practical use for one and even if i did they're too loud and annoying. Maybe it's a boy thing, just the way u press a button and something fires out, it's interesting i guess, just i can't make myself any more interested than that and so they'll never find a place in my life the way it stands. The only way i could think of that i'd find myself becoming more interested is if maybe there was a zombie apocalypse or something :).