Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anonymous93
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 17 May 2018
Posts: 20

21 Jul 2018, 2:36 am

I feel for you mate, I wish I knew my place too. I've felt like an outsider as an adult, arkward/anti social, struggled at jobs, depression etc. For me I'd love to have my own online business. Comfort of my own home, no interacting physically with people, good money, fun work.. but the thought of interacting with people online everyday, having attention and being judged.. would probably be too overwhelming for me as an aspie (maybe in another life, I guess). I've been on and off with poker last few years too (same principles as online business really, work from home etc), but its a very complicated and hard game to play. Not to mention my childlike tantrums when I lose or something doesn't go my own way. I feel if I could control the anger aspect though and learn from a professional coach (touched on it briefly), how to make a living from the game.. I'd be good for life.

I'm the type of guy thats prepared to lose money for awhile before I get good and make profit.. than go through the hell of being at a normal job. I'm also fully aware I'd have to save money for 6-9 months for training and bankroll etc with a job first.. but atleast the job wouldn't be forever (no way I could do it, physically or mentally) and it would keep me going, knowing I'd be working towards something better. My previous work history has been warehouse and production, but to be honest.. I've sucked at both of them. Couldn't take instructions properly and made a lot of mistakes. I'm 24 and have never done more than 3 months at a job and have currently been unemployed or about 7 months.

I've been out of work awhile and I'm planning to go on a warehouse course (to freshen my skills up seems as there so poor at the moment) so I can get back into warehousing and do it right this time. I struggle at it though and I really hate it so if anyone's reading.. do you think I should try a different field of work? or do warehouse again, but with proper training this time? It's the only work I can get relatively quickly without a lot of qualifications, but as I said.. I struggle and hate it. Like you my friend I am struggling to find my purpose in life (not long ago I thought it was suicide, I thought about putting an end to this cursed life) but hopefully I'll get there sooner or later and you do too.



Amity
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,714
Location: Meandering

21 Jul 2018, 4:09 am

I know this is a necro thread, but what if having a place in life is a made up notion... I'm not so sure that it's possible to have one.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,408
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Jul 2018, 7:39 am

Substantially_Abstract wrote:
That's quite interesting, nick007. 'Tis good that you managed to find a job, despite all your struggles with skewl and stuff. Who did you work as? My brother's like you: all he wants to do is play video games, like hotline Miami, skyrim, halflife 1 or 2 or watch people making videos about video games or jokes about how our world is so corrupted or messed up. The only thing that we both love talking about is history, (especially ww2), but he doesn't really want to be a historian or anything...
Thanx. My 1st job was a dishwasher at IHOP, my 2nd was doing floor cleaning at WalMart, & my 3rd was a custodian at a sporting goods store.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,068
Location: Midwest

21 Jul 2018, 9:38 am

Amity wrote:
I know this is a necro thread, but what if having a place in life is a made up notion... I'm not so sure that it's possible to have one.


You may be right in that it is a made up concept, but it does give people comfort if they feel that they have a purpose in life. Some fall into that purpose, others have always had it. A few never find it so they have to create it for themselves. A key part to being happy with your life is to never start thinking that you picked the wrong purpose in life or it will become a self-fulfilling destiny. Others may seem to have it much easier in life, but often you do not know the route that they took to get there. It might have been a highway to hell instead of an easy ride.



kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,180

21 Jul 2018, 10:11 am

Yes, I've tried to find a place in life, as often I've felt like someone on ship that simply crosses various oceans often lowering anchors on what I've felt was serenity only to be disillusioned and disappointed.
Yet, I continue to push forward not really knowing where I'll actually wind up, but hopefully at some destination where, I'll be okay at least.


_________________
I'm an extremely vulnerable person. Vulnerability and emotion are very closely linked.


Substantially_Abstract
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 15 Jun 2018
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 70

22 Jul 2018, 12:36 pm

nick007 wrote:
Substantially_Abstract wrote:
That's quite interesting, nick007. 'Tis good that you managed to find a job, despite all your struggles with skewl and stuff. Who did you work as? My brother's like you: all he wants to do is play video games, like hotline Miami, skyrim, halflife 1 or 2 or watch people making videos about video games or jokes about how our world is so corrupted or messed up. The only thing that we both love talking about is history, (especially ww2), but he doesn't really want to be a historian or anything...
Thanx. My 1st job was a dishwasher at IHOP, my 2nd was doing floor cleaning at WalMart, & my 3rd was a custodian at a sporting goods store.

Yes, good luck with finding a job ). Maybe you should be a professional gamer if you like games so much :)



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,408
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Jul 2018, 3:51 pm

Substantially_Abstract wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Substantially_Abstract wrote:
That's quite interesting, nick007. 'Tis good that you managed to find a job, despite all your struggles with skewl and stuff. Who did you work as? My brother's like you: all he wants to do is play video games, like hotline Miami, skyrim, halflife 1 or 2 or watch people making videos about video games or jokes about how our world is so corrupted or messed up. The only thing that we both love talking about is history, (especially ww2), but he doesn't really want to be a historian or anything...
Thanx. My 1st job was a dishwasher at IHOP, my 2nd was doing floor cleaning at WalMart, & my 3rd was a custodian at a sporting goods store.

Yes, good luck with finding a job ). Maybe you should be a professional gamer if you like games so much :)
Thanx. I used to like em a lot but I haven't played a lot in ages. I'm not sure how to do it professionally. I'm sure LOTS of people would want to.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


Substantially_Abstract
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 15 Jun 2018
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 70

16 Sep 2018, 7:02 pm

I think one of society's main problems is that it undervalues (is that a word?) theoreticians.'Tis much harder to find a well-paid job as a theoretical mathematician or physicist than it is for a programmer, for example....