Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 8:57 am

i hope they dont automatically upscale it because itd look ugly and stretched especially ps1 games

on a different note i need a manlier more worthwhile hobby

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Aug 2012, 12:07 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
i hope they dont automatically upscale it because itd look ugly and stretched especially ps1 games

Not sure what is wrong with having gaming as a hobby, unless you take what jocks and immature judgemental people say to heart.

Can we get a link to this collection? Collections can interest me at times because they can make it easier to play games that might be a hassle to play these days.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 1:26 pm

ZpykeEboto wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:

Not sure what is wrong with having gaming as a hobby, unless you take what jocks and immature judgemental people say to heart.

Can we get a link to this [b]collection[/b]? Collections can interest me at times because they can make it easier to play games that might be a hassle to play these days.

What collection?

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 3:54 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:

What a horrible and sexist thing to say. That kind of reasoning is why so many males are unhappy because they feel they have to be an accepted standard or mold and girls feel the same way, albeit to a lesser extent. Gender roles are so stupid.

I'd like to see what your definition of a "manly" hobby is.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 4:12 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
ZpykeEboto wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:

Can we get a link to this [b]collection[/b]? Collections can interest me at times because they can make it easier to play games that might be a hassle to play these days.

What collection?

He's probably talking about the ps2 HD ports, like Metal Gear Solid, Zone of the Enders, and Silent Hill. The HD ports of Resident Evil 4 is good, second only to the wii version which is the best IMO, and I haven't played the Code Veronica upscale. I've only heard good things about the MGS pack but I would steer clear of the SH collection. The new voice actors suck and they did stuff to the graphics to make them look worse, like..A LOT worse.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

01 Aug 2012, 11:47 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:

What a horrible and sexist thing to say. That kind of reasoning is why so many males are unhappy because they feel they have to be an accepted standard or mold and girls feel the same way, albeit to a lesser extent. Gender roles are so stupid.

I'd like to see what your definition of a "manly" hobby is.

Give him a break, he doesn't entirely think through what he's writing and how it may offend others.

I see gaming as gender neutral. Both genders can love it and not seem weird. (Okay, maybe a little weird, but we're all weird on the inside.) If you think playing football and living according to rather dated gender roles is what's going to make you happy, feel free to at least keep it off of here.

And for the record, just because a game doesn't have the best graphics doesn't mean it's terrible.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 12:03 am

Fine, sorry.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 3:54 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
Fine, sorry.

You know, there is a reason why men are expected to be masculine. It is NATURAL

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

02 Aug 2012, 3:57 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
NeueZiel wrote:
Fine, sorry.

Yes, it is natural, but it isn't expected or required.

You really need to think about what you're posting and how you're making other people feel.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 5:11 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
NeueZiel wrote:
Fine, sorry.

Hahahaha what the f**k. Sure buddy, whatever you say.

Last edited by NeueZiel on 02 Aug 2012, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Aug 2012, 7:37 pm

Back on subject...

I'll keep it in mind about the Silent Hill remakes. I also heard that the Metal Gear Solid collection has some missing features from the PS2 special editions or something like that, or at least the 3rd does.

Haven't heard of Resident Evil ports other than to the Gamecube. And I've heard the same that the Wii version is the best in terms of content and bug fixes, etc.

Definitely picking up that Zone of the Enders port, though. Never had the originals, and always wanted to play them. Also going to pick up the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD re-releases, too, even though I have the originals.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 8:08 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:

And yet we live in an unnatural society, doing unnatural things. If every human being ever did only what was considered natural, we would be as technologically advanced as monkeys.

You know, it's completely okay if you prefer conforming to expected gender roles, but it's also very acceptable to do what you enjoy, regardless of whether it's considered masculine of feminine. Don't talk down to people who don't accept gender roles(not that you intended to, but it did come off that way a little).

On topic: I don't have a PS3. Not that I don't want one, but I have my hands full playing my other game consoles.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 3:24 pm

ZpykeEboto wrote:
Back on subject...

I'll keep it in mind about the Silent Hill remakes. I also heard that the Metal Gear Solid collection has some missing features from the PS2 special editions or something like that, or at least the 3rd does.

Haven't heard of Resident Evil ports other than to the Gamecube. And I've heard the same that the Wii version is the best in terms of content and bug fixes, etc.

Definitely picking up that Zone of the Enders port, though. Never had the originals, and always wanted to play them. Also going to pick up the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD re-releases, too, even though I have the originals.
actually i meant like ps1 and 2 games off PSN

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2012, 4:35 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
ZpykeEboto wrote:
Back on subject...

actually i meant like ps1 and 2 games off PSN

Oh. Well, then.
I'm pretty sure they're run via emulator on the PS3 (Just like how pretty much all the Virtual Console games are.), so the resolution will be the same as the original game, but stretched.
If you have an old CRT TV, might want to use that for the older games. They'll look better on it.