Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

atdevel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Aug 2012, 3:00 pm

http://www.hugthemonkey.com/2008/07/fin ... tocin.html

Oxytocin, in case you didn't know, helps people connect with each other.

When I tried it, I noticed that I could see more shades of color, and felt more connected with my environment.

Kenjitsuka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2012, 3:22 pm

No time to read that link, but when I was aged 8 my mother decided getting massages from a physical therapist would be a good thing to "overcome our aversion to being touched"...
Mine was caused by being an Aspie and emotionally abused/PTSD'd, her's from being raped and beaten for years on end.

It only made things worse, as it was very awkward.
Just get an official diagnosis, and then professional treatment from an expert!

The Broad Autism Phenotype Test: You scored 132 aloof, 126 rigid and 132 pragmatic. IQ: 139. AQ: 45/50

atdevel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Aug 2012, 3:34 pm

Kenjitsuka wrote:
No time to read that link, but when I was aged 8 my mother decided getting massages from a physical therapist would be a good thing to "overcome our aversion to being touched"...
Mine was caused by being an Aspie and emotionally abused/PTSD'd, her's from being raped and beaten for years on end.

It only made things worse, as it was very awkward.
Just get an official diagnosis, and then professional treatment from an expert!

Well, the link talks about a scientific study from UCLA. Although intuition isn't our thing, sometimes common sense does give good answers. The study only says light massage is effective, so maybe it was too strong.