Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Pokelover14
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2012, 11:02 pm

A few days ago we had to get rid of our pet. My family decided to get some ducks to hatch. After about a month one duck hatched. Out of 12 only one. But there was another about a week later we heard more peeping coming from an egg. It was alive. We had to help it out so we did. We were very careful. But then we found out it was deformed its beak was bent in the middle and almost off and it brains were out but it was freaking alive. But it died shortly. So we only had one duck cutest little guy ever we had him for three months and then my mom said we had to get rid of him because a duck shouldn't have to live in an apartment. So we brought our duck to a farm I am so sad. I am so depressed. I loved my duck like I love my mom. I would go into more detail but right now I am crying going over this. Sorry for no more detail if you have any questions just ask. :cry:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 11:18 pm

In the Summer and Fall of 1995, we had some family friends who've moved up to Canada. They were staying at our place until they found a place to live. In one week, Taffy, Screech and Hammy all passed away on the same day. Taffy was our little dog, Screech was my sister's budgie and Hammy was Sara's hamster. It was a bad week for all of us.

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Aug 2012, 11:52 pm

Im sorry! Im sure the duck is happy at the farm though :) I rember when I was 12 I had a chocolate lab named Symen. When he was 9 we found out he had cancer. I decided not to tell him about it though. I thought he would get better and it would stress him out to tell him about the cancer. But it never got any better. My parents decided to have him put to sleep on December 1st 2008 at 5 pm. I rember going into his cage with him and locking the two of us in there. I told him that he was going to be put to sleep because he had cancer. I also told him why I never said sooner. I cried and screamed when my mom pulled me out of his cage. That was the worst day of my life. But now hes with Jesus and hes happy and he doent have cancer.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 12:49 am

Im sorry to hear. I am sure the duck is very happy, as previously stated. Being a duck must be a neat thing, after all! We lost a pet recently. I can understand how hard it is to say goodbye to a pet, by any reason.

What color was the duck and what was his name?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

02 Aug 2012, 12:57 am

I lost the best dog I ever had when I was younger, shortly after I was diagnosed. The neighborhood kids on the street that I lived on wanted to play with him, and they let him out of our back yard. He ran away and got hit by a car. :(

Even if he had lived, he would be dead by now, anyways. He was a year older than I was.

Great, now I'm a little sad. :(

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

02 Aug 2012, 1:13 am

Losing pets is one of the hardest things. I don't talk about it much if I can avoid it.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 10:02 am

I have never gotten over the loss of my animal companions and never will. The worst thing is knowing that one of my cats was tortured, managed to find his way back (blind in one eye, deaf and had several deep stab wounds), only to slip outside when the door was opened and get killed by (I suspect) the same people who tortured him. Another cat was killed by my neighbors for "pestering the birds" (she wouldn't bother with trying to catch one knowing it was easier to get cat food). To me, that's worse than my other male dying from natural causes.

CuriousKitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Aug 2012, 10:08 am

Will the farm let you visit? or send pics?

Aspie score: 142/200 NT score: 64/200
AQ Score: 42
BAP: 109 aloof, 94 rigid and 85 pragmatic

aspiekelly
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Aug 2012, 10:10 am

Sorry to hear that.
I love animals. I have 4 cats, they are 3, 4, 5 and 6. They're all going to be old at the same time and I have no idea what I'd do if something happened to one of them (especially the youngest).

I had a rabbit and a cat with my ex which I didn't get to keep, miss them a lot.

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2012, 12:16 pm

For a moment I thought the thread will be about that brain-live duck and how you hate your parents for killing it. Would be more interesting. Oh well, this is fine too.

Quote:
I loved my duck like I love my mom.

So, OP. If some people came and told you your mother shouldn't live in apartment and then took her on a farm would you accept it too and then make a thread about it?

Pokelover14
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2012, 12:37 pm

He was yellow his name was nibbles because he was contently nibbleing on us. I think one of the major reasons why it hurt me to bring him to a farm was it brought up my old dog who bit my mom and we had to give her to a farm. I know people tell there kids there pets go to farms when they die but my dog didn't die they have even sent me pictures of her and her puppies. She had a very bad cause of limes desiese and that is what made her attack. Also I am sorry for your dog who had cancer. I am sure he is haveing fun in heaven.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 5:05 pm

My cat is dying =(

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 5:43 pm

Sorry you are sad and sorry for everyone's losses. Losing a pet is hard. I have lost many in my lifetime. Well, not that many. But quite a few. My kids have only lost lizards, hamsters, and bugs so far. No cats or dogs (one cat got out of the house, but both of the kids were younger; I don't think they really got it). They get sad, but I remind them to try to remember the fun they had with them.