Once a family bully, forever a bully?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 11:29 pm

I've been trying to wrap my head around this; you know how some of us have a real issue when someone else is already occupying our space or is about to? With misophonia how we beg and pray for those sounds to go away? Or the way you dread seeing a certain car in the driveway

Anyway, with those examples and others, is your avoidance of that person a result of something they did to you once a long time ago or as a result of repeated unwarranted punishment? I can drive past places that were once grisly accident scenes numerous times without even blinking, but because of having been traumatized by family members' actions and words I am loath to stay in the same room with any of them for longer than 2 minutes. And yes I'm aware that this can fall under C-PTSD too

episette
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2012, 11:56 pm

What should I do when it was my mother who abused me?

She knew that I different because our family Dr told her so but that didn't stop her from hitting me with leather belts, yardsticks and wooden spoons. If she had a bad day at work or my teachers That I wasn't applying myself or that there was another bully.
I would cry when she hit me but she told me that I should stop crying or she'd really give me something to cry about. That was usually followed by a few more hits before I slumped to the floor and she walked away. I then was able to go to my room and attempt to recover.